Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Steely Dan / Micheal Mcdonald Tour 06

Trill

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nu2Keys:

I have tickets for the Nashville (Antioch) show on 7/10. I can hardly wait!

As we say around these parts, "there's always a Nashville connection." HAMMOND fans - take note! Michael McDonald's keyboard player (local resident) was in my shop this week to play the XK-System, but did confirm he will be touring with a REAL Hammond B-3 & Leslie(s). You gotta love a road crew! Good player, and bound to be an enjoyable evening listening to a bunch of great musicians. See you there...

Wayne

B3Guys

Call me a Steel-head.

Huge fan as long as I can remember. I've seen a lot of great shows this year, but THIS one is at the top of the heap for sheer anticipation.

I'll be seeing the Vancouver, Washington show

(That's mistakenly getting listed as the Portland Oregon show in some places.)

Steely Dan rule. Period.

By the way I'd recommend any fan/keyboardist check out the Donald Fagen instructional video, there's great stuff in there.

Paul Ellis

I used to think the brain was the most amazing instrument in the human body until I realized who was telling me this.

- Emo Phillips_

Labor Day Saturday, eh? I bet I can swing that.

We saw The Donald earlier this year, but this could be cool too.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Wayne B3Guys wrote:

McDonald's keyboard player (local resident) was in my shop this week to play the XK-System
Wayne,

Where is your shop? Your website shows an address near me in West Meade (looks residential though)?

Steve

Originally posted by Trill:

I don't know if this has been posted before,but I know there are some fans here, I intend to catch the 8/29 show in Cincy.

Hey Gregg - see you there!! :)

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Just got the Steely Dan Box set. When I was a teen in the 80s, SD floated around on the radio a lot. I always kind of liked it because it was so different, but I never bought an album before.

I am amazed at how many of their songs I already knew and at how rich the tunes are now that I am in my 30s and becoming more interested in jazz.

I wish they were shining my japan on this tour.

Privia, X-Station, Micron, Handsonic, Logic, Live

Just a hobby, man.

Originally posted by Steve Nathan:

Where is your shop? Your website shows an address near me in West Meade - Steve

Hi Steve - West Meade is correct, but currently out of town for the 4th ... back Wednesday.

Wayne

B3Guys

My wife and I will catch the Dallas show on our way to take up residence in Australia after a year working in The Bahamas. That was an unexpected bonus as SD have never toured in the Southern hemisphere before and I was despairing of ever seeing them live in my lifetime. I missed DF at the Beacon in NYC by one week.

"I'm so excited..."

"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

dammit.

somebody go'head and kick my ass.

I don't have tickets to see the Dan in Charlotte and it's just 2 1/2 hours away.

w/Michael McDonald, it's gotta be humongous since he sang a LOT of background vocals in the studio.

What a freankin' great show.

dammit. :rolleyes:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived