Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gibson adding Ethernet to Guitars....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's nice to see progress in this area. When I worked at Gibson Customer Support, we had a website for Gibson Magic, but not a lot of information. We had no access to the people working on this project. It sounds exciting, as a guitar player and sound engineer. Can you imagine I show up to a gig with, say, a 10 piece band. As soon as the instruments are plugged in, I get information on the instrument, perhaps notations about the players' needs due to their particular sound and technique. It could cut down initial setup and soundcheck to a fraction of the time it takes currently. As for electric guitars using high impedance, unbalanced systems; Low impedance pickups with preamps have been available for about 30 years. Every attempt to make them popular has failed. They simply sound different than their high impedance counterparts. I'm unfamiliar with the ability to make high impedance, balanced circuits, but I assume it's either unfeasable or simply impractical. Maybe someone else has more information???

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Gibson is finally moving the guitar out of the stone age! I broke three strings today on my Strat and I wasn`t even mad. Just playing a very rhytmic section and wham. Just very primitive instruments, these guitars. I love the balanced connector idea. What a concept huh? :) Peace, Ernest

[quote]Originally posted by ernest828@aol.com: [b]Gibson is finally moving the guitar out of the stone age! I broke three strings today on my Strat and I wasn`t even mad. Just playing a very rhytmic section and wham. Just very primitive instruments, these guitars. I love the balanced connector idea. What a concept huh? :) Peace, Ernest[/b][/quote]Sounds like you need a new guitar technician. I gig with my Strat 5 nights per week, and I only break a string every couple of months or so. D'addario 10's. 71 Fender Strat. Mike Koontz of Koontz Guitar Repair.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by ernest828@aol.com: [b]Gibson is finally moving the guitar out of the stone age! I broke three strings today on my Strat and I wasn`t even mad. Just playing a very rhytmic section and wham. Just very primitive instruments, these guitars. I love the balanced connector idea. What a concept huh? :) Peace, Ernest[/b][/quote]Change the bridge saddles, especially if they're American standard saddles. I put on graphite saddles and went from breaking at least one string per gig/rehearsal to playing the same set until all strings died a natural death.

Archived