Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wicked Keytar solo

Phred

No it is not the Belinda Whatever (edit: Someone added that one further down - so I guess now it is ;) )one from a while ago. Dick - this is what I real keytar player should sound like - keep practising:

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even better, its terrifying keytar action...on a keyboard stand.
so, its not so much about curing it as it is about hiding it...to help spread it faster

Originally posted by soundscape:

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

WHY IS IT ON A STAND?!?!?!!?!

So she can, er, fondle it, if that's the word. :freak:
When she wraps her leg around that keytar, well...it kind of makes you wish you were a ketyar :P

Oh my goodness, that Belinda Bedekovic video was [interesting]. I've never heard of her before. Should I have?

I can barely stomach the fact that it's a keytar (sorry keytar players, but it just seems to me like a keyboard player wishing he were a guitar player), but the fact that it's on a stand makes it [a bit silly].

[portions edited by Stepay to be a little more polite]

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

Originally posted by stepay:

sorry keytar players, but it just seems to me like a keyboard player wishing he were a guitar player

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/fit,325by400/quality,85/EZAG-a98013aabafb619c49eb2694b845bce3.jpg

sorry keytar players, but it just seems to me like a keyboard player wishing he were a guitar player

http://media.zzounds.com/media/brand,zzounds/fit,325by400/quality,85/EZAG-a98013aabafb619c49eb2694b845bce3.jpg
Not sure I know what you mean by that.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

Not sure I know what you mean by that.
"The EZ-AG is a new musical instrument that provides all the fun and excitement of a guitar without the sore fingers, broken strings, poor tuning and tedious exercises. Now, anyone, of any age, can learn chords and strumming by following lights.

It features 12 lighted frets that show beginners the actual hand positions for chords, plus six "strings" that emulate strumming or finger-picking. The onboard selection of songs can be expanded via the Web - songs can be downloaded into the guitar's Flash ROM via MIDI IN/OUT connections and a quick connection to a computer."

I think the idea is that you push down buttons ("lighted frets") instead of holding down the strings, maybe I'm wrong. So I was likening it to a guitarist wishing he were a keyboard player. :D

The Belinda video will never cease to be funny...each time I watch it. And I can't help but watch it each time its brought up...someone help me!!!! [/QB]
I see she spared no expense on the set design. Nice balloons. Seriously, the lights and fog are only working in her favor here.

Originally posted by Dick Ward (MP Hall of Fame Wannabe):

so?
Ok. Nice answer.

I guess since I also play guitar my thought is that a keytar player could just learn to play guitar too. Maybe it's not for everyone. Maybe I'd be afraid people would laugh at me if I played a keytar. Maybe I'm shallow or a loser or a lowlife. Probably all three.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

I'm certainly not one to knock on keytars. My first keyboard was a keytar. I stil have it since I couldn't even sell it for $5 a few years ago. It's a Yamaha SHS-10 that I would think should only be worth about $10 at the very best, but if you look at this model on ebay, it sells for up to $200 now. Is the Keytar Revolution a thing of the future?

Hell, I love keytars. Other people hate em, f*ck em. I'm in a metal band and I get a lot of flack, but I out headbang, out mosh, and out play every one of those doubters. You ever seen a keyboard player jump into a mosh pit while still playing? Any band that wants to talk trash about me better be prepared to back it up. Any keyboardist that talks bad about me is probably just pissed off that I have fun while playing while they sit by the drums. :P

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Dick,

Certainly GREAT playing even on a keytar silences the critics. Glad you enjoy playing one, and I'm sure you give a great show.

No sitting next to the drums for me though. I'm up front with the guitar player because I play lots of leads.

Check out our site for a short video clip (25 seconds) with me on keyboards playing Statesboro Blues:

http://mlcprojectblues.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/mvi_0233.avi

Steve (Stevie Ray)

the self-obsessed pricks who have negative things to say about Belinda need to shut the f*ck up or make a video of themselves that has the same entertainment value...pronto

I think she's great

and honestly, there aren't a whole lot of keyboard players out there who could play what she's playing, keytar or not

p.s.

I'm referring to the comments on the YouTube site and others I've seen around the web, not the good folks around here

Archived