Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you guys think of this Korg Expansion Board (clip attached)

cheezeejazz

HI Guys

Someone posted asking what we thought of the piano in the Korg Tritons, and I mentioned I had the expansion board and made my own patch as the raw one was shocking.

I liked the way it played, nice and delicate with lots of dynamic range as I do solo jazz gigs a lot.

Just thought I'd share the sound with you guys to see what you thought....I don't have it anymore after I left it behind my car after a gig and drove home. That was smart!

LINK

Pete

PS) Appologies for the cheesey piano playing...it was for a film score on my degree so its pretty naff!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not down loading any unknown files to my hard drive

I will play unknown mp3's on line. Thats more standard

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Originally posted by GregC:

I am not down loading any unknown files to my hard drive

I will play unknown mp3's on line. Thats more standard

Er.. it is an MP3 file.

It makes no difference whether you download a file or not. If you open it, then potentially it can cause problems. (Albeit not likely for an MP3 file.)

Besides which, (unless you turn off caching) all the files that you view using your web browser are actually cached locally. (Stored on your hard drive.)

And you can actually 'open' the file online as it were, for instance in QuickTime by using 'Open URL...', and it'll stream it.

It's pretty nice in general, but I am not sure I love it. Too much verb for me... I also don't love the stacato sound.

Much better than the stock triton piano though - that's for sure. Nice work!!

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Archived