Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland RS-70 or Juno-D

Karurosu

well, first of all hi all

my first post,

Im here to ask this

I own A RS-70 Keyboard (Roland), and someone, has offered me to change it, hand to hand, (with the guaranty and manual, etc) for a Juno-D Roland

I dont know what to do, the keyboard looks like it has much beter sounds that the RS-70, a rich piano and violin

Please i need an answer ASAP, because i have to give the answer tomorrow

I have the keyboard here, we changed for a bit

to see each keyboard

So, what do you think?? (plus he'll teach me how to use it)

Thanks in advance

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say go for it, the Juno-D has more realtime controls. But it all really depends on what you're using it for. The Juno-D doesn't have a floppy drive like the rs-70 does, so if smf playback is important to you it may not be wise. But if you're more into editing sounds in real time (i.e. cutoff, resonance, attack, decay, etc.) and better synth patches and features, then the Juno would be perfect.

If you have the option, play the Juno before the trade and fiddle around with it to see if it better fits you, you wouldn't want to trade then regret it later.

well, i actually see that this has no sequencer at all

and the V-linl is gone

but what i want is quality no quantity

and what has the better quality??

of sound of course

and is the RS-70 older or is the Juno-D older??

thx

Hey Karu,I'd go with the Juno-D.I use one in home and out on gigs and everything thing is easily accessible and sounds are good.I've gotten compliments from its sounds from guys who've been around the block many times and are considering the investment themselves.That's my take on it! Good luck. :D
Currently abusing Yamaha DGX-200,Roland Juno 1,Juno D,AX-1 with a GK 1001 RB II Amp and GK 210/115 cabs for the major sound element! http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/IvoryPlayer/barry1.jpg

From what I can gather the soundset in the Juno-D is the SAME as the RS series - they just changed the casing.

I own an RS-50 and have demo'd a Juno-D without noticing much difference, certainly not in the piano.

I have a Juno-D,which perfoms OK it its own right but the RS-70 is a bigger product. The Juno is a slight improvement of the RS-50 (keyboard feel and probably some voicing). The RS-70 has 64 MB sounds (compared to the Juno-D's 32MB) and a sequencer. The Roland repackaging and re-naming has definitely caused some confusion.
We have time, but none to waste.

Archived