Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sustain on a Casio CTK-601?

scyzoryk

Howdy all,

I bought a CASIO CTK-601 keyboard ( link ) for $50 and am loving it, just learning in fact.

I downloaded one of those scanned manuals off the net, and for the likes of it, I CANNOT find any sort of sustain feature on this keyboard. I am certain you can buy a pedal and use it as a "sustain pedal" -- but, come on... a keyboard with a billion wing dings like this and absolutely no way to sustain a chord?

Any ideas? I'm hoping some of the more prominent keyboarders here might have some insight... it just doesn't seem possible that a keyboard like this wouldn't have it some way or another.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm... not sure what I'm missing, but... are you saying that there's a sustain pedal input on the keyboard, but you're wondering how to sustain a chord?

Sorry, just got back in from a gig... perhaps I'm missing something obvious in your post, but I can't see it. :confused:

I checked the Casio website, but couldn't find any info on the 601... I found the 611, which does have a sustain pedal input... so I'm still confused. ;)

I'm going on the assumption that this is your only keyboard at the moment?

Sorry, but I'm afraid you're out of luck. :( Sustain is a function of the pedal (or you could always use a few 9-volt batteries placed on the keys... but that's not exactly convenient ;) ).

You can probably pick up a generic sustain pedal for $10 or so at your local music retailer (assuming you're near one), or from online.

Yeah - what sven said - you need a pedal. I am not aware of any keyboard that you can sustain using a touch of a button. Perhaps they exist (and if they do - I am sure someone will tell me here ;) )but I have never used one.
I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Originally posted by Phred:

I am not aware of any keyboard that you can sustain using a touch of a button. Perhaps they exist (and if they do - I am sure someone will tell me here ;) )but I have never used one.

I own one, but it didn't cost $50. :rolleyes:

The Nord Lead 3 has a button to sustain.

Don

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Archived