Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

favourite cheap keyboard you've picked up

zmd

now, no obvious ones. that's right $5 sk1, i'm looking at you.

i picked up a casiotone 301 for 20 bux canadian. this thing is great, cool soft piano sound(sounds very electric piano like) decent organ for soft stuff, heavy and durable as sin, faux wood panelling, and some great cheese sounds on it. so great.

other scores include a casio rap man, a realistic/moog mg-1 and of course,the sk1.

whadoyougot?

so, its not so much about curing it as it is about hiding it...to help spread it faster

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a Casio CZ101 for taking it out of the lady's basement. And it came with a soft case and wallwart power supply. I was most pleased. I used that thing for bass sounds for a number of years. It finally died a rather agonizing (for me, the noise was unbelievable!) death. It has since found it's way to a dumpster that it nearly ended up in while it still had a bunch of life in it.

Jay

hehe! here is a couple for you

1. a hohner clavinet E7 + a roland space echo RE-301, both in brand new condition: 600dkr = 90$

2. a yamaha CP-80 in flightcases + a hohner clavinet D6 for 6.000dkr = 900$

3. a roland vp-330+ vocoder plus 2.000 dkr = 300$

Daniel

My in the locker ,play at work when I get a break keyboard

Yamaha PSR 540 -free

Took me a while to adapt to the smaller synth type keys after playing so much on the P200

Yamaha p55 $100 makes a handy 76 key controller until I buy something like a Nord

The guy was selling a suitcase rhodes also,I should have bought it.

My favorite, a Hammond M3 in immaculate condition. Price $0.00. Guy just wanted it out of his house.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

Originally posted by The Roland Kid:

Funny thing was, he had to "work" on the day scheduled to move it up a flight of stairs into our practice room.....

Do you blame him? I have friends who haven't quite forgiven me for talking them into hauling my B3 up a flight of stairs to my apartment. I'll have to find new ones for when I move this summer.

little miss....order yourself some hammond organ oil, fill up the cups in the back of the organ....let it set two weeks....try it again...let it set...than try to start it. Otherwise, you need to do what I had to do....unsolder and remove the tonewheel generator and lubricate everything, then put it all back together.

Originally posted by Clavinovaguyusa:

little miss....order yourself some hammond organ oil, fill up the cups in the back of the organ....let it set two weeks....try it again...let it set...than try to start it. Otherwise, you need to do what I had to do....unsolder and remove the tonewheel generator and lubricate everything, then put it all back together.

I guess I should have said that I've never gotten it to start, but apparently the guy who bought it (from a church for about $300) has gotten it running a few times... it runs when it feels like it according to him. Then again I've never actually had my hands on one before (and I don't know if he has either), so we might be doing something wrong... think someone around here could point me to a Hammond 101 type thing?

I guess now is the time to openly admit I don't know squat about organs, but I'm willing to learn and I'm fascinated by the things.

Archived