Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Spam: Some new music

marino

Guys and girls: There's no excuse for this thread other than letting you know that I've uploaded quite a few new mp3s on my site. Well, not exactly "new"... They are things composed in the last few years.

A couple of members have asked about the pieces I did for the KC comps - they're all there. :)

There's also a piece called "Rewind", for sax quartet + electronic music, which I consider the nicest thing I've done in music so far; I wrote it in year 2000, a commission from the Ialsax Quartet - an ensemble of virtuoso sax players, who performed it at the World Saxophone Festival held that year in Montreal, Canada. It has been performed a few times since then.

Then there's a new compilation where I have mixed snippets of tunes composed for events of various kinds.

Go to:

www.carlomezzanotte.com

It's just a little informative site, not selling anything. Don't watch the horrible, homemade graphics... :D Click on "English" (or "Italian" if you're so inclined :D ) then go to the "music" page, and scroll toward the end - it's all there.

Enjoy! :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Linwood. Actually, I have tons of more material from the old days, but they are either on DAT tape, or on analog tape... I don't have a working DAT machine nor a reel-to-reel anymore, so I'll have to wait till I have the time to go to someone else's place to convert the formats...

BTW - among the pieces I've just uploaded, the one I really care for is "Rewind". It's probably the only piece of music that I've written, of which I'm reasonably satisfied... :D

:thu::thu::thu:

Carlo,

After listening to the new music, it just makes waiting for "La Linea" more difficult. Your music is mesmerizing. Thankfully, I have a fast connection as the compilations are excellent! Still trying to find "Vento del Deserto" (and will). Thanks for the update. :)

Don

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Carlo,

I understand. :( I will listen to the MP3s until then. But, I am looking forward to it. :)

Don

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

Please allow me another bump of this thread, as there are further news:

I've finally been able to upload that tune of mine played by Al DiMeola. Well, not exactly... The body of the song is not there; Al's solo is all I was allowed to put in mp3 form. But I believe it's worth a listen.

Here's the original thread where I told the story:

http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/015185.html

I've placed the mp3 with Al's solo on the "music" page of my site, as always... But for the laziest, :D here's a direct link:

www.carlomezzanotte.com/mp3/soloamargura.mp3

Again - enjoy.

Carlo,

I am listening right now to "Rewind": excellent work! :thu:

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Thanks everybody!

Andrea and Alfonso - I'm glad to please my fellow Italians. :)

Originally posted by alfonso:

Carlo, I still have a dat machine....if you need it...

Alf - I think I'll call you sometime soon... :D:D

Archived