Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Sopranos

burningbusch

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday night HBO is about the best TV there is. My wife and I have been looking forward to the Sopranos since the end of the last season which seems like it was eons ago!

I agree- Entourage and Curb are great. So was 6 Feet Under and Carnivale. Deadwood rocks too.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Yeah, HBO has got the best line-up of shows by far. Six Feet Under was my absolute favorite show back when it was on. I definitely can't wait for the Sopranos tonight though. Like DanL said, it's been so long between seasons that I don't even really remember what's going on in the show from last season.

Holy sheeeeit, what an episode!

***Ep 1 spoilers warning***

A murder, a suicide, a natural cause's death and a major major cliffhanger all in one episode!!!!

David chase isn't holding back anything this year!

To see Adrianna standing in the house next to Carm in that dream sequence was shocking, then it got even better from there! Very graphic depiction of the suicide. Just as shocking are the variety of snitches that keep popping up and then...retiring.

And the alltime topper- Health councious gay wiseguys.. What a great show!

TROLL . . . ish.

I liked it - thought it was going to be crappy at fist with all the 'catching everyone up' exposition dialogue...but it turned out to be a great episode. Epsecially for a season-starter.

Madon' with this friggin' series!

Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys been keeping up with the last 2 epi's?

*spoilers below*

This past Sunday was great! Me love Paulie, so many comedic moments. I loved the scene in the hospital room when he's complaining about getting older and Tony BP is going thru the roof...classic!

Also, who the hell else would be clipping coupons after scoring a million dollas tax free? Only Paulie Walnuts would!

The mob-horror movie stuff was great!!

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by captainmri:

Paulie and Chris in the woods with the Russian they were 'sposed to whack? I don't remember which season...1,2,3...doesn't matter. AWESOME.

"I lost my shoe."

How 'bout Tony's death scene with Steve Buscheme? Holy Mother of God! and the colombian heist? I loved paulie Walnuts coming over with the 100K when they heard Tony was conscious!

What a series. I really got into Rome, too. I was brushing up on my Latin so I could read the grafitti. Rome, Deadwood and the Sopranos, That's my trifecta on HBO.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

HBO's got it together. All the shows mentioned are great, as was 'Extras' although you really have to cue in to that style of humor to enjoy it.

I'm diggin' 'Big Love'...I love the dichotomy of the successful suburbanite living as a polygimist and his creepy past/family that haunts him. Its really well done.

Weasels ripped my flesh. Rzzzzzzz.

LOVED last nights show... One of the best in recent memory!

The whole hip-hop angle was pretty weak to me except during the 'fight party' scene, where you had folks from 3 different worlds sitting there watching a fight in peace, but with different viewpoints and circumstances. Also, I think Bobby's little improve-move with the rappers is gonna come back to bite him...or someone!

Classic line from Chris about Adam & Eve and a T-rex!

Great epi!

TROLL . . . ish.

Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome, Entourage...all great shows.!

The approaching death scene with Steve Buscemi really gave me a "The Shining" type moment. It reminded me of Nicholson talking to the bartender in The Shining.

I am loving the more in-depth development of Paulie's character.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Originally posted by EscapeRocks:

I am loving the more in-depth development of Paulie's character.

Lovin'it! :D Mr Walnuts is losing his mind! For a sec I thought he was going to strangle his "Mah".
TROLL . . . ish.

Is Paulie just exacting an extra installment per month from the garbage truck heir for himself? Is this a skim that is his alone? Is it a coincidence that he wants $4,000 a month and that is what the nursing home costs for his Aunt/Mom? How about that Dr. Schwinn, Hal Holbrook? Genius. Good butt shot solving the rapper's street-cred dilemma!
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Originally posted by daviel:

Is Paulie just exacting an extra installment per month from the garbage truck heir for himself? Is this a skim that is his alone? Is it a coincidence that he wants $4,000 a month and that is what the nursing home costs for his Aunt/Mom?

My take on it is to cover his new-found aunt/ex mom's monthly nursing room cost..

Either way, the series is starting to get interesting again..

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Yeah, and next week's preview looks like it'll be back to knee busting and assasinations, lol!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

How about that Dr. Schwinn, Hal Holbrook? Genius.
I've always liked Hal Holbrook and I really likd his cameo in last night's episode.

While the show still focuses on Tony, I really like the way they are gettign deeper into the lives of the surrounding cast.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived