Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Osbournes / Osmonds Pepsi commercial

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Alndln Hammer: [b]I just saw it,looks like one of those "Superbowl" commercials.Probably what it's destined for.[/b][/quote]You are right. I saw it today. I am so sick of the Ozbournes and Ozzy, and definitely his daughter. Thank god her CD is tanking. The little bit of musical credibility that I had reserved for Ozzie is rapidly eroding.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

What I want to know is why the heck was Ozzy resurected anyway? I thought he was better in the past than he is in the present. Not to say he was a saint, or even something spectacular. Just better off gone. I'm sorry, but he's a goon. Rick

[quote]Originally posted by Rick Kreuzer: [b]What I want to know is why the heck was Ozzy resurected anyway? I thought he was better in the past than he is in the present. Not to say he was a saint, or even something spectacular. Just better off gone. I'm sorry, but he's a goon. Rick[/b][/quote]I think his rebirth had something to do with Baby Bush, GW, mentioning that Ozzie was one of his rock legend heros to the press at one point or another. Instant "star is born again" anti christian with a whole new Prince of Darkness image.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

[quote]Originally posted by Anifa: [b]I think his rebirth had something to do with Baby Bush, GW, mentioning that Ozzie was one of his rock legend heros to the press at one point or another.[/b][/quote]Did he actually say that??? :confused: :freak: :eek: :confused:

Anytime a successful music star is addressed by a President in any fashion, it's instant REBIRTH!!! Same thing happened with Bruce Springsteen and "Born in the USA" when Bush Sr. used his song as a reference in his political debates. Springsting SKYROCKED from average rock star to SUPER STAR virtually overnight. Michael Bolton stepped in and sang at Clinton's presidential ceremony and pulled himself back out into the spotlight for a while. It's kind of a two way street, you become President and you get to meet all those heros that you idolized as a kid growing up.... if you're a rock star and you get to have dinner with the President, well, the media companies are gonna push the commercial envelope cause they know ya' got clout. The comment I stated above may not be exact, but I knew that Ozzy had his foot in the door with the Prez prior to his super stardom rebirth.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Archived