Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oscar Predictions

Pursuitboy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish Grizzly Man was up for an Oscar. Anybody seen it? "He's a Big Bear" "You're my little champion"

Play only what you hear within...if you hear nothing, play nothing at all

My Gear: Motif; Ensoniq MR-76; Suitcase Rhodes; Earthquake MKII Pedal; DiscomBOBulator; PodXT

I'm staying home and watching "Walk the Line" this evening.

I'll take "Munich" in an upset for best picture.

http://movies.aol.com/movie/main.adp?mid=23217

Didn't see "Capote" or "Good night Good Luck" yet

I hope my buddy Joe Letteri wins...he was the CG supervisor for Kong. He's up against Narnia and War Of The Worlds.

Joe already has a bunch of Oscars for Lord Of The Rings - the brother is seriously talented. :cool::thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I predict that 'Sin City' will not be nominated despite being BY FAR the best film of the year.

I further predict that 'Crash' will win a bunch of statues because, like, y'know, it's, like, so, like, L.A., fer sure!

Oscar: the new Grammy!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

"Walk The Line" was an outstanding potrayal of Johnny Cash. Reese Witherspoon should win best actress for playing June Carter Cash.

The musical school of hard knocks thru the eyes of one of our country's finest.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/pursuitboy/t75439ecq62.jpg

http://www.corriere.it/BROKE3.jpg
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by Pursuitboy:

Anybody want to make any Academy Award predictions?

We'll know the results Sunday night

Yes - I predict they will once again have failed to hire any writers so that the hosts comments will be totally lame.

Originally posted by Byrdman:

Yes - I predict they will once again have failed to hire any writers so that the hosts comments will be totally lame.
I hope not - I'm a big Jon Stewart fan. :thu:

dB

Who votes on these things? Brokeback Mountain for best picture,and Cinderella Man not even on the ballot.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/pursuitboy/251934.jpg

What's going on out there in LA SteadyB ?

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I hope my buddy Joe Letteri wins...he was the CG supervisor for Kong. He's up against Narnia and War Of The Worlds.

Well, he did it. :thu:

I haven't seen King Kong yet, but I did see Narnia, and those CG's were fantastic... looks like I'll have to add Kong to my list. :)

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Well, he did it. :thu:
Yeah, he did. Gave a nice speech too, I thought. :)

What's not commonly known about Kong is that not only are the creatures rendered, but a whole bunch of NYC was rendered as well.

Joe rocks. :cool:

dB

Originally posted by Byrdman:

OK, I was wrong. I saw three writers named in the credits and the part I saw really did go with a lot more class than has been the case in some previous years.

My wife made a great joke when Dollie Parton performed. She said "she's had so much work done that her face is in a state of perpetual surprise". LMAO.

"It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp". :eek: OK, who honestly saw that coming?

As was the case last year, if you stayed through the closing credits, you heard some amazing lead trumpet playing over the top of "Also Sprach Zarathustra". It was probably Rick Baptist. :thu:

Stewart was just ok for me.. He started poorly and it seemed to take some of the wind out of his sails. He did a fine job of rebounding later on in the show with his improved comments. He probably just needed to get comfortable.

Haven't seen all the films. liked Crash, but that seemed to be a display of screenwriting and fine young acting more than anything else. I hear Walk the Line and munich were good. I'll be renting them shortly.

Jessica Alba, very much a hottie, but in dire need of a cheese steak!

The Hottie of the night, and maybe alltime, Salma Hayek!! What incredible bouncie fluffies you have my dear! Nice touch letting the hair down too.. On a night when most of the hollywood ladies had there hair pinned up and proper, Salma let it flow softly over the shoulder, while countinuosly stroking it during her present..niice!

TROLL . . . ish.

Archived