Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2006-2007 Thread

Dave Bryce

Speaking of Fantasy (which I understand and appreciate but just don't have the bandwidth to do myself), I love this ESPN Mobile ad where Reggie Bush makes his friend guilty for wanting Larry Johnson as his #1 pick in their fantasy league. So the friend takes Reggie instead, only to have Reggie pick LJ and say, "I can't believe you took me first. That was dumb." :D

- Jeff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Packers fans looking at a probable mediocre year ahead, it's a good time to relive glory days of the last decade or so while looking forward to new records that Brett Favre may eclipse in his final year(s) as an NFL quarterback. In that spirit, I share with you the following information:

Brett Favre tidbits

1. Favre is the only player in NFL history to win the league MVP award three times (six players have won it twice).

2. Only three players in NFL history have more consecutive starts than Favre, with 221 (Jim Marshall, 270; Mick Tingelhoff, 240; and Bruce Matthews, 229).

3. No one in NBA history has completed 10 consecutive years of starting with the same team.

4. Favre has had 34 game-winning comebacks and one tie for the Packers in bringing his team back in the fourth quarter.

5. Favre ranks third as a starting quarterback with 139 career wins. John Elway has 148 and Dan Marino has 147.

6. Favre needs four touchdown passes to become the second player in NFL history with 400 touchdown passes. Marino is No. 1 on the list with 420.

7. Favre needs 290 completions to become the all-time NFL leader. He currently has 4,678 and Marino is in first place with 4,967.

8. Favre needs 322 completions to become the first player in NFL history to reach 5,000 completions for a career.

9. Since Sept. 27, 1992, when he made his first start against Pittsburgh, Green Bay has won 139 games -- the most of any team during that time. Pittsburgh is second with 138.

10. Favre has thrown a touchdown pass in an NFL-record 16 consecutive playoff games (1995-2004).

( Source )

http://homepage.mac.com/musicproduction/.Pictures/Packers1.jpeg

GO PACKERS!!! :thu:

:)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Well tonight we get to see the one two punch of the Saints two headed running back. I wonder if they will have them play in the backfield at the same time. For passing downs, that could be good but I would think they saints would have better blockers for running plays. Still it may givew defensive coordinators something to think about.

Begin the day with a friendly voice A companion, unobtrusive

- Rush

Falcons get Lelie, Redskins Duckett and the Broncos get draft picks. I like the immediate trade for the Falcons if Lelie plays at his level. I think it will beinteresting to evaluate this trade down the road when the Broncos use the pick.

- Rush

Originally posted by Geoff Grace:

Brett Favre tidbits

Yep, I still love him.

For my money, I'm betting on him breaking a few of these... I'm thinking he gets #5(tops Elway for career wins), and 6(400 TD's) from this list, but comes no where near #7, and #8(completions).

Geoff if he needs just 4 for 400 TD's, and 25 more total to top Marino, then I'm betting he does that THIS YEAR. Which is one good reason I think he came back, and why he played 3 quarters on that meaningless pre-season game against Atlanta last week. BTW, for the record, he looked like he was 28 yrs old last weekend. Yes I know it was vanilla coverages, but I feeling like the 20 or so injured players returning from last season, plus the addition of AJ Hawk, and Charles Woody is gonna make a pretty big difference for him and that division.

Well that, plus the fact that Chicago made NO offseason moves helps a lil too. ;)

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

Falcons get Lelie, Redskins Duckett and the Broncos get draft picks. I like the immediate trade for the Falcons if Lelie plays at his level.

I agree. Atlanta in essence really has three #3 recievers and a great tight end, so if Lelie is the "baller" he says he is, then he could become/remain the legit #1 thru the entire season.
TROLL . . . ish.

So the Pats are going with the Rookie Kicker. In a league in which the width of separation between #1 and #2 is the proverbial hair, are the Pats going bald? I swear, the only guy you could compare Vinatieri to is Mariano Rivera. Bankable. The closer. Best in the biggest spots, and an incomparable assurance you carry in your back pocket.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Posted by magpel:

So the Pats are going with the Rookie Kicker.

I do undertsand your point but since neither is/was Vintieri, why not go with the rookie. If he doesn't pan out there are enough guys out there they could sign. Kickers are important don't get me wrong but the difference between him and the other options is probably minimal.

- Rush

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to imply that they should have gone with old man Grammatica...just that they might have sealed their fate when they let Adam walk. Knowing the Pats, they are making the right decision.

As for the Colts, fool on them if they think they are jettisoning their bad mojo by importing the Pats' good mojo. The greatness of the Pats and the problems of the Colts go deeper than the dramatic contrast between Vinatieri and Van Der Jagt.

Originally posted by Silver Dragon Sound:

Posted by magpel:

So the Pats are going with the Rookie Kicker.

I do undertsand your point but since neither is/was Vintieri, why not go with the rookie. If he doesn't pan out there are enough guys out there they could sign. Kickers are important don't get me wrong but the difference between him and the other options is probably minimal.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

So, the Raiders are 3-0 in pre-season.

Yeah, I know...preseason don't mean beans, but it still feels nice. :cool:

I have this nagging feeling that (if they can manage to stay healthy) this may be the year of the Bengal. :eek:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Well, you guys finally did get Brooks and the 1st string O back online. That's a good start to things.

Bengals you say.. I'd agree if Carson had gotten hurt in Oct. I'm betting Anthony Wright starts the 1st 4-5 games and they win maybe one of those. The other scenerio is Carson does start and will be much to aware of the knee which will cause his completion percentage to plummit for the first 1/3 of the season. Later in the year Bengals could own. Not being negative, but that was a knee reconstruction, not just an ACL surgery.

Personally I was looking for The Chiefs to run rampant on the league this year, but then Roaf retired and the blocking back Richardson moved on. Oh well..

My guesses -

*Spoilers but no playoffs: Cardinals, Browns, Vikings, Packers.

*Possible surprize playoff teams: Ravens, Chargers, Falcons, Iggles.

*Status Quo or slightly below: Tampa Bay, Seattle, Chicago, Washington, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh.

*Big Bad Wolves: Denver, Jacksonville, Giants, Carolina.

**Subject to being edited & updated every half hour for the entire NFL season.

TROLL . . . ish.

Originally posted by meccajay:

My guesses -

*Spoilers but no playoffs: Cardinals, Browns, Vikings, Packers.

*Possible surprize playoff teams: Ravens, Chargers, Falcons, Iggles.

*Status Quo or slightly below: Tampa Bay, Seattle, Chicago, Washington, Indy, Cincy, Pittsburgh.

*Big Bad Wolves: Denver, Jacksonville, Giants, Carolina.

Interesting. Okay, I'll play on your grid:

*Spoilers but no playoffs: Redskins, Chiefs, Dolphins, Saints

*Possible surprize playoff teams: Raiders ( ;) ), Bucs, Ravens, Cardinals

*Status Quo or slightly below: Steelers, Colts, Pats, Panthers, Cowgirls ( :evil: )

*Big Bad Wolves: Bengals, Seahawks, Broncos, Jaguars...and Da Bearsss.

**Subject to being edited & updated every half hour for the entire NFL season.
W3rd. :rolleyes::D

dB

Ok I'll take a crack at the grid:

*Spoilers but no playoffs: Cardinals, Chargers, Lions, Vikings, Dolphins

*Possible surprize playoff teams: Falcons, Bucs, Ravens

*Status Quo or slightly below: Steelers, Jags Pats, Giants, Eagles, Broncos, Bears

*Big Bad Wolves: Panthers, Seahawks, Colts, Bengals

*Teams To Root Against No Matter What: Cowchicks (just can't put them in any good category, its against my personal beliefs)

- Rush

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Yeah, I know...preseason don't mean beans, but it still feels nice. :cool:

4-0 now. :thu:

Hey ya gotta figure at the very least this means that they might not suck this year... :rolleyes:

dB

Originally posted by TinderArts:

Looks like a long year for Skins fans.......

There's no way I'm gonna believe the skins are as bad as they looked this weekend. Joe Gibbs must have held back like 90% of the offensive sets or something. I mean The Texans aren't even that bad.
TROLL . . . ish.

In the glory days, when the Skins had a losing preseason, they ended up with one of these:

http://www.nfluk.com/WebAssets/large/News/sbtrophyabstract.jpg

The new offensive coordinator said he has only revealed 2% of the 700 plays in his playbook.

We'll see. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by ProfD:

In the glory days, when the Skins had a losing preseason, they ended up with one of these:

http://www.nfluk.com/WebAssets/large/News/sbtrophyabstract.jpg

The new offensive coordinator said he has only revealed 2% of the 700 plays in his playbook.

We'll see. :cool:

It could be that they only know 2% of their 700 plays. :)

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by RABid:

I don't see the point of having 700 plays in the first place. :confused::D

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Originally posted by RABid:

:D:D:D

Look, there's a reason you haven't seen me crowing about the Raiders "leading the NFL" at the moment. I have ZERO faith in pre-season. No one knows what combination of rookies are facing veterans in any game, what percent of a playbook that coaches want to show off before the real games start, and so on.

Of course, I enjoy the Raiders being 4-0 in preseason. I mean, hell, that's as many game as they managed to win in all of last season. I had anticipated the Raiders moving up to around 8-8, possibly 9-7 this year. Anything better than that will be gravy. A playoff berth would be superb. However, baby steps... if they're better than 4-12, it's a positive move. :thu:

- Jeff

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaatttttt?!?!?!?!?!

Someone wanna 'splain this to me? I just breezed by the Raiders forums, and they seem to think that one of the Raiders other THREE QBs is hurt (Walter) or about to be trade bait (Tuiasosopo).

But Jeff Freakin' George?!?!?! My god, why don't they just bring in Gannon, or Ken Stabler, or some other former Raider equally past his prime?

- Jeff

Archived