Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS = ?

awfulgrace

OK OK - I know this is a stupid question, but I've looked all over the site and can't find an answer.

What the heck does GAS stand for, is it an Acronym?

I know what the definition is, when you can't fight the urge to buy yet another piece of gear, but I often see it in caps and wonder what it stands for.

The best I can come up with is Gear Addiction Syndrome...

Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm one of those people that needs the background on stuff.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave, the Rave:

What's "Google"?

:DTR

"Google" is a joint venture of agencies including FBI, CIA and Homeland Security. They have devised a means to track all of your web traffic, your questions, and your contacts. They are gaining access to your email and even offer services to search your computer. The government plans to analyze this information and project any problems you may cause in the future.

Beware, they have people planted everywhere, even on forums, to push you into giving your secrets to Google.

By the way, Robert is not my real name. My name is really Albert. Yes. Albert. That's it. And I really live in Texas.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Rabid:

Originally posted by Dave, the Rave:

What's "Google"?

:DTR

"Google" is a joint venture of agencies including FBI, CIA and Homeland Security. They have devised a means to track all of your web traffic, your questions, and your contacts. They are gaining access to your email and even offer services to search your computer. The government plans to analyze this information and project any problems you may cause in the future.

Beware, they have people planted everywhere, even on forums, to push you into giving your secrets to Google.

By the way, Robert is not my real name. My name is really Albert. Yes. Albert. That's it. And I really live in Texas.

Do You think Sven (Google Is Your Friend) Golly is an undercover CIA operative?? ;):D

I don't know. My contacts tell me that the agency went through some budget cuts and transferred agents from a special undercover training center. The agents were training to infiltrate the Balkan Islands while disguised as sheep.

I don't think there is a connection there, unless I missed something.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

To alleviate the stress of GAS, I tossed my gear catalogs a long time ago in favor of the 'net.

The problem is that it's really tough to balance my laptop computer when I'm in my library doing my morning constitutional. :freak::D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

To alleviate the stress of GAS, I tossed my gear catalogs a long time ago in favor of the 'net.

The problem is that it's really tough to balance my laptop computer when I'm in my library doing my morning constitutional. :freak::D

The catalog is a little more bearable when you run out of T.P. :eek::eek::D:D

So since Gas= Gear Aquisition Syndrome

what does Google stand for

Google= Go out on Gambit Looking Electronically?

:freak:

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived