Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wecome home, Dave Bryce!

Ernie Rideout

It's true, fellow Keyboard Cornerites, effective immediately, Dave Bryce is coming home to moderate KC, the forum he invented and built up with your help. Steve Fortner will continue to co-mod, and all of us on the Keyboard magazine staff will lurk, post, and respond as much as we can.

Nothing makes me happier than to say, welcome home, Dave!

Ernie Rideout, Private Citizen

Gee, that was quick.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't call it a comeback"

- LL Cool J

This isn't some typical "farewell tour" cash grab like The Who or The Eagles, is it? Dave will be here are few months, depart again, return again...

Excellent news. Now NBA smack will return to it's proper place on Page 1. Let the trash talk begin.

Welcome home Dave. The job done by those, in your absence was wonderful but it will be nice to have you back on a more regular basis.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Welcome back, Dave!

A little backstory - Ernie and I had been discussing this throughout this month. Since I've taken over full time as tech ed of Keyboard, I haven't had anywhere near the time I'd like to post, stay on top of trolls, and so forth.

More importantly, Dave created this forum, and so much of it is infused with his personality that I had always felt a little like Jack Skellington in "The Nightmare Before Christmas" .. taking over something that wasn't really mine.

Because I'll continue to co-moderate, I'll do everything I can to make sure Keyboard magazine is more responsive than ever to forum members' needs and ideas. Unless the needs involve sheep - although CMP publishes so many specialty trade mags that you never know.

Dave, I couldn't be happier about having you back. :D:thu:

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Cool! Somehow I knew it was going to happen...

Welcome back, Dave! It's good to have two moderators like you and Steve. :thu:

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

Since I've taken over full time as tech ed of Keyboard, I haven't had anywhere near the time I'd like to post, stay on top of trolls, and so forth.

Congrats on the new position, and your decision is extremely understandable. I am always amazed at how such a small staff can put out that magazine month after month.

With both of you guys on board, it's the best of both worlds.

Archived