Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Red is for Valentine's Day & Nord

Joan

http://jrusso2.photosite.com/~photos/tn/1_348.ts1139799744358.jpg

This was my Valentine's Day gift...ok, so my birthday is also at the end of the month. Sure beats a Vermont Teddy Bear!

I am sooo lucky.

Thanks for all the great information on this board.

The search feature works great.

:thu:

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MidLifeCrisis:

I'll probably get more barnyard animals :(

I have been asked not to comment. :rolleyes:;)

===============

I want a Nord for Valentine's Day. :thu:

I think I'll wait for the smaller 73-key Stage though. I've heard that Clavia is buying Kurzweil so they can finally put better-sounding piano programs and digital effects in their keyboards. :eek:

That may be a rumor, but I'd like to see it happen.

On the other hand, Kurzweil has decided to introduce a PC2X with 76 weighted keys - the same action as the 88-key PC2X - as well as two sets of 9 sliders (instead of just 4) for B3 emulation.

That may be another rumor, but I'd like to see it happen.

:rolleyes::thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Hi Joan, welcome to the forum! That looks a lot like my rig (I have Electro on top, purple Kurz PC2 on the bottom ... and for those of you wondering, no, I didn't buy my boards based on their looks)! Is that a PC2 or PC1? Anyway, the Nord really compliments Kurzweil's sounds and vibe well, good choice. :thu:

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by Dick Ward:

Damnit, best thing I've gotten was a few midi cables and a $25 Guitar Center gift card. I gotta find me someone with money that supports my keyboarding, lol.

Anyone?

Sorry man, I'm out. I'm trying to support my musical habit. :D

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

I've heard that Clavia is buying Kurzweil so they can finally put better-sounding piano programs and digital effects in their keyboards. :eek:

On the other hand, Kurzweil has decided to introduce a PC2X with 76 weighted keys - the same action as the 88-key PC2X - as well as two sets of 9 sliders (instead of just 4) for B3 emulation.

That may be another rumor, but I'd like to see it happen.

:rolleyes::thu:

Tom, you troublemaker, you! Watch out for this guy, Joan, he's full of mischief. ;)

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

Originally posted by geekgurl:

Is that a PC2 or PC1?

Atza PC2X. The PC1X doesn't have B3 mode and has four knobs instead of four sliders.

http://www.kurzweilmusicsystems.com/filesafe/282_pc1x-sml.jpg

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Tom, you troublemaker, you! Watch out for this guy, Joan, he's full of mischief. ;)

Thank you for that kind introduction. :D

May the sheep be with you.

geekgurl :wave:

Wow, thanks for the great welcome!

I've been "lurking" :confused: around this board for almost a year now. As I said, you guys are a wealth of information. I've been drooling over a Nord for the last 6 months, but when I actually got it on Friday I decided to share it with all! It's sounds awesome. One day I hope to be able to play it to do it justice.

I'm in a classic rock band - some blues - and we've been together for just over 2 years. We TRY not to do the same old covers and like to have some different songs - always ones we like - like Savoy Brown's Hellbound Train, Alvin Lee's Legs, Doors' Riders on the Storm, and Golden Earrings' Radar Love. I'm not the greatest player but it is a BLAST to play out.

Bottom board is a Kurzweil PC2X - which I love. And, yup, it is heavy - ugh. But, nobody ever complains when it's time to move my stuff. I've had it for almost 2 years. It is actually a "loaner" from my dealer. I had to return my SP88 (again, almost 2 years ago) while still under warranty, and they gave me the PC2X while mine was being repaired. Anyway, despite many phone calls, I still have it - got caught up in the Kurzweil mess. I wasn't going to complain! But now that I have the Nord, I may get after the manager to get me a deal on a PC1X or even an SP88X - I truly love the sound and feel of the keyboard. I have had not problems with it at all - even being lugged around for the past 2 years. I also have a Yamaha S03 - "cheezy" keys but good for those necessary oddball sounds for covers.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. The pictures of everyone's gear is amazing. Oh, and I really loved the "Dr. Seuss" rhyme time posts - that was hysterical. :D

Joan

Damnit, best thing I've gotten was a few midi cables and a $25 Guitar Center gift card. I gotta find me someone with money that supports my keyboarding, lol.

Anyone?

Sorry man, I'm out. I'm trying to support my musical habit. :D
:( Ah well, I'll have to find me some rich ol' lady somewhere that needs a metal guy in her life.

eew. Okay, I'll just save money until I can buy it.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Welcome to the forum Joan. Nice looking pair you got there. And the keys are nice too.

I am like Dick, sort of. I am looking for a rich woman to support a heavy guy's music fix.

Oh wait he didn't say heavy metal.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Nice looking pair you got there. And the keys are nice too.

:eek::eek:

;)

Well, we don't have a lot of other things, like really nice furniture or matching bedroom furniture. We also don't have kids...just a really cool dog. I mean, if you really need a blender or a vacuum cleaner, then just get it. One year I got a chain saw...a really nice "girl's size" chain saw...and it's a Stihl. Which is much more convenient than a blender when you need to cut wood. However, it is rather messy when making margaritas. :D

Great rig... I'm curious by all the combination Kurzweil/Nord owners in this thread. How would you all compare the Rhodes and Wurlies between the two boards? Does the Nord Electro's have it all over the PC2X's, ... and is that why you'd have the Electro? Does anyone have the "Classic Keys" expansion ROM installed in their PC2X, and if so, how does that still compare to the Electro's?

It just seems like if the PC2X's EPs were as good, then the Nord wouldn't seem so necessary... or is it purely for the organs?

RonL - I'm considering your exact setup. I have a CX-3, and thinking of a PC2X or PC1X as a bottom board. Any more insight as to why you're sick of the PC2X? (besides weight?) I'm thinking of a PC1X more, because its lighter, but also because i dont need the KB3 organs since the CX-3 would cover it.

The alternative was to go a Nord Electro ... EP's are my priority. But then I'd have overlap on the organs with both the CX-3 and Electro....

Anyone?

Dude, unless you're waaaaaayyyy better looking that your picture, you can count me out. ;)

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Ehm... you know Dave, that just hurts. As a middle aged woman I feel that I'm fairly attractive when comp..... Wait, I'm that guy? Yeah, okay, good point.

Though... IIIIIII know what we can do

Let us lay some funk on you!

"Funk on me?"

Funk on you!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

posted 02-13-2006 05:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:Joan

Well, we don't have a lot of other things, like really nice furniture or matching bedroom furniture. We also don't have kids...just a really cool dog. I mean, if you really need a blender or a vacuum cleaner, then just get it. One year I got a chain saw...a really nice "girl's size" chain saw...and it's a Stihl. Which is much more convenient than a blender when you need to cut wood. However, it is rather messy when making margaritas

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Who needs furniture, kids are overated especially after their 15 years old. I mean before any of that stuff get the right rig and you did it girl.

Now Margaritas and Chainsaws don't make for a good combination. As a matter of fact PMS, and chainsaws are rather dangerous.

What ever you don't let Is There Gas in Your Car (Tom) near that chainsaw.

Sorry Tom, please don't be mad. Glad you can laugh about it now. :D

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived