Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Local control by footswitch

hebdizzle

Hi everyone... this is only my second post here so please bear with me :)

I have a Korg Triton LE88 and I want to be able to turn the local control on/off using an external footswitch. I am using a Voce V5 B3 module and I don't have enough money (at the moment) to buy an additional keyboard simply to run this. Is there any way possible to program a footswitch to turn MIDI local control on/off? I need to be able to switch between the Triton sounds and the Voce quickly. I know Midi CC#~122 is local control but im not sure how to program this.

Thanks for any help or advice given!

Aaron

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Aaron,

I'm not a MIDI expert, but on my controller (M-Audio)I can assign a button to toggle between two values. If you can do that on your Korg, maybe it will work? Not sure if you need hands-free switching, though.

Regards,

Joe

no programming a switch would be fine! I just don't have time to go global>>menu>>midi>>open>>scroll down 4>>switch off

know what I mean?

I don't know how to program any of the switches to do it either; the switches are on a "per program" or "per combination" basis. The switches don't have the option to do the CC# for local control change. The closest thing as I understand is CC#81 and CC#82 which says 'general purpose controller', and I can't find any further information in the manual. I googled too!! nothing.

Any input would be highly appreciated!

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I am not extremely familiar with the Triton LE so I can't give you specifics on what to do but only the basic idea.

I believe the Triton has two play modes; Program (single sound/single MIDI channel) and Combi's (Multiple Sounds/Multi-Channel). Though I might have the names wrong.

Why not create a Combi that consists of only one active track that transmits on the Voce reception channel. IIRC, on the older Trinity there was an option to make a Combination track Local , MIDI or Both. If this is the case with the Triton, then set the track status to MIDI. If this option is not available, edit a sound in Program mode by turning the volume in the Amplifier section all the way down. Then assign this sound to the Combi track and even though the sound is playing internally, you won't hear it because its volume is set to zero. I hope that makes sense. If I were there I am sure it would take all of about 30 seconds to set-up.

Best of luck,

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Originally posted by hebdizzle:

...and I can't find any further information in the manual. I googled too!!

Hey Aaron, Welcome to The Keyboard Corner. :thu:

Sven Golly's gonna love having you here. :D

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I checked out on my Karma - and there's no way to assign no controller to CC#122. SO I guess there's same thing with LE.

Try THIS: Instead of turning off the local control, try just MUTING the Korg (Either with foot expression pedal, or assign SW1/2 to CC#7)

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Originally posted by bloodyMary:

Try THIS: Instead of turning off the local control, try just MUTING the Korg (Either with foot expression pedal, or assign SW1/2 to CC#7)

The only problem is CC#7(volume) would also be transmitted to the V5 which would kill the volume of the organ sound as well. You could use an external MIDI Filter to filter out CC#7 from the data stream going to the V5, but it seems that creating Combi's right inside the T-LE would be less of a hassle.

However you do bring up an excellent idea. Why not just pull the master volume fader all the way down on the Triton when you don't want to hear it. The master volume fader is not transmitted over MIDI. Sometime the simple answers are the best. :D

Best Regards,

Dave

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Archived