Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DrumSamples DrumSamples DrumSamples

whats up everybody Happy_________Day, Have to ask what is the best drum sample cd/cd's for accoustic drums, I'm looking for some thing with as many fills and variations as possible, actually I'm looking for quality drum samples that focus on 3 areas of criteria, and I'd buy 3 different CD titles if I have to first I'm really only intrested in accoustic organic samples. 1. as many fills and variations as possible 2 tight jazz kits, lots of different timbres 3.funk kits, and I mean lack of deodorant funk, the funky-est funk you can think of, and then a lil mo funk on top with a creamey funk center, marrinated in funk, stuffed with funk, slow baked all day long in 375 degrees of funk. also I heard that the "discrete drums library" was good, but was geared towards rock, if anybody has this title i'd like to know what your impressions are. If they mean geared towards rock because of the loop styles it wouldn't matter as long as the sounds are right for creating the types of kits I listed above cause i'd be making my own beats anyway. I'm just having problems finding the right sounds, I always seem to fall just a little short of what i'm looking for. thanks everyone for your help...peace

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been searching for the same thing lately. It looks like Liquid Grooves by Spectrasonics may be where I go. The particular project I am working on is hard to describe. I call it "Alternative/acoustic oriented soft rock. Think Dave Mathews, Sara Mclaughlin, Norah Jones, Tori Amos (Scarlets walk) kind of drum sounds. Not too hard, not too funky, just right. And some cool brush things would be hip. Any more advice would be appreciated.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by Nawledge: [b]doesn't exactly fit my description that well jotown, but I agree suggestions would be much appreciated. I did listen to the spectrasonic demos though and they are good quality.[/b][/quote]I was just referring to a current project i am involved in. I have been looking for acoustic drums, in a laid back funk/jazz style also. I would love to see something like Stylus that was more acoustic oriented, with lots of fills and one hits, and the ability to replace the snare/kick. The search continues.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

What format? Did you want loops or just drum kit samples? If you happen to want Kurzweil format drum kit samples, Sweetwater's Stereo Drums CD-ROM is very good. For loops, Spectrasonics Liquid Grooves isn't going to help you with your categories 1, 2, or 3. Their Backbeat library might suit you for acoustic drum kit loops. They do have a RetroFunk library that might be greasy enough. For jazz, I like Peter Erskine's library from Sampleheads. You get some straight ahead, some latin jazz, some funk, and some uniquely Erskine things like Steely Dan's "Peg" and Weather Report "Sightseeing". The feel is a great as you'd expect from Pete Erskine. Sampleheads also NYC Drumworks, with Kenwood Denard and Shawn Pelton among others, that might work for you. It's a collection of many different styles.

Bob Clearmountain drums (for just pure acoustic "hits") and (is it?) Ross Garfield drums. Also, on the cheap (I kinda hate to say this on this site, but...) go buy the issue of Future Music on the newsstand now. It has an extra CD called "Drum Styles". I have the last one they put with it and it has some very nice drums on it, loops and all. I wanna pick this one up, too. Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived