Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DAWs user interfaces.

What do you think about the current state of DAWs user inetefaces? Without the use of external hardware control surfaces do you find them easy to use? Do you like the way that they mimic more tradition hardware equipment (i.e. the mixer looking like a mixing console, plugins looking like their hardware equivalents)? Or do you feel that they should be redesigned to be more ergonomic for the user instead of looking aesthetically pleasing?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emma, I personally don't mind mixing w/ my mouse,most of the time my sessions are less than 24 tracks.I used to own a yamaha o1v and used that as a front-end for cubase,it had issues.I recently tried out my friends Digi002 and that was actually fun due to the fact that the software and hardware were optimised for each other.Controllers are maturing and will only get better over time.Ergonomics and ease of use are SHOULD be any manufacturers goal,if it gets in the way of the mix then it has failed.
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

Archived