Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Electrical Storm" new U2 sounds brittle

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by halljams: [b]The vox and the guitar. Yuck, It just sounds cheap. And i heard it on AM thru a mono speaker and still noticed it. Are they still using radar.[/b][/quote]I do know that the guy they're using uses some really fucked up monitors... those ones that look like bugs from outerspace but sound like anus.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [b]Yeah, most new U2 does sound like crap. I like all the old stuff, i.e. Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, etc., etc., but since Pop (maybe before) they have sounded terribly 'pop'. It's really terrible. Quit making the music they wanna hear. My gripe for the day.[/b][/quote]Personally i don't mind the music itself. it's the recording that sucks.

Maybe because I love the band, I like the direction their albums have gone. No they are not sonically excellent but character and emotion just pour out no matter how the record sounds, especially the last album "All That You Can`t Leave Behind." Pure genius IMO and a welcome addition to the bland music out there. Ernest

Perhaps they are all just getting older (I should talk) and that ugly fact of top end hearing loss is rearing its head. Damn, depressing thought. But I do love the songs and emotions on their last album. :freak:

Yorik

Stone In A Pond

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."

Many of you know I'm a huge U2 fan. "Electric Storm" kicked ass in my opinion. However, I think I love the song so much that it has clouded my sonic hearing. I just love the melodies in that song that Bono could've probably sung it in a tin can and I would have loved it. Now, for their last album, I thought it was definitely more brittle and flat than their earlier stuff. They still managed to throw some really great tunes like "A Beautiful Day" and "Kite" in an overall bland as hell album. "Walk On" had to be the most over-rated song that year. Just my opinion, Lincoln Ross Dead Black Jedis

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

[quote]Originally posted by Beotch: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Henchman: [b]Maybe they shoudl stop using that technowanker william orbit.[/b][/quote]Sounds like petty jealousy to me. William Orbit is probably 20X the producer you'll ever be.[/b][/quote]Maybe, but I find his stuff pretty overrated. Like that piece of garbage he did with Madonna "ray of light". Yawn.... :bor:

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

[quote]Originally posted by StoneinaPond: [b]Perhaps they are all just getting older (I should talk) and that ugly fact of top end hearing loss is rearing its head. Damn, depressing thought. But I do love the songs and emotions on their last album. :freak: [/b][/quote]No it's not TOO much of it up there, it is the quality of the sound. i just can't believed it passed all those ears. It could have been as bright in a much nicer way.

Mark (Henchman) Did you do Celine Dione's "Power of Love"? I always thought the synth textures on that song and the the reverb on Celine's voice was dynamite.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis

maintain their neutrality."

[Dante Alighieri] (1265-1321)

Archived