Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

THE MAN and BIG BROTHER

What is everyone's opinion regarding the motives of these two? Is the only way to free ourselves through violent revolution? Or is there a peaceful option that will hopefully be found? Quite frankly, The Jeebus has grown tired of the abundance of corruption and greed among the world's leaders and feels that eventually, this society will destroy itself unless some real changes are made. We know that power corrupts, however, without order there is chaos. Is there a happy medium to be found? more to come... -------------- Plain Old Jeebus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeebus, I think its part of a cycle. Throughout history it repeats again and again, the gap between the haves and the have-nots gets too great and revolution/reform comes about. I'd always thought the U.S. would be above that but I don't think so anymore. :(

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Bad news guys.. Communism failed. "From each according to his abilities and to each according to his needs". Your pal, Karl. Revolution? Wasn't that a Beatles song?

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by His Majesty, The Jeebus: [b]Is there a happy medium to be found? [/b][/quote]We had a happy medium but they busted her! (Miss Cleo) :D No really, I agree with the Jeebus...I think we're being extremely short-sighted.

-Steve

-----------------------------------

Sometimes ya gotta find out what it ain't, to find out what it is...

Platform? PC..no, MAC..no, PC..no.. Oh damn, can't we agree on anything? How are we going to unite and destroy the rich greedy corporate rich money hungry rich blood sucking oil rich energy controlling rich crooked arms selling rich back stabbing dirty rich bastards? I know..let's get a government program together that punishes anybody who makes more money then we do..no, we already do that. How about a government program that takes money from the rich and gives it to the poor? Yeah!! A Robin Hood government!! No..we already do that. I know, let's just put anybody that makes more money than we do in prison and take their money..! Yes..a solution. Now, who gets to keep their money? I know..how about we reward hard work and success? Gee, the Asian community has figured out how to succeed in America without any government help...why can't our own citizens do it?

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by GZsound@hotmail.com: [b]Communism failed. [/b][/quote]No it didn't, there has only been futile attempts at creating communism. They all failed miserably, some due to massive foreign interference, most because of corruption and greed. The above does NOT imply that [i]I[/i] long for true communism, just trying to set some facts straight here. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

it's the water,all the pollution has corrupted the minds of the powers that be.Now only if they paid attention when they were letting these big corporations pollute our enviroment. Monk
I cannot be bought, and I cannot be threatened. But if you put them both together then I'm your man!"

[quote]Originally posted by Mats_Olsson: [b] [quote]Originally posted by GZsound@hotmail.com: [b]Communism failed. [/b][/quote]No it didn't, there has only been futile attempts at creating communism. They all failed miserably, some due to massive foreign interference, most because of corruption and greed. The above does NOT imply that [i]I[/i] long for true communism, just trying to set some facts straight here. /Mats[/b][/quote]Fact is, communism in principle didn't fail, but it will always fail upon application because it doesn't take human nature into account. It looks good on paper but that's all. (But then that's kinda what you said, ain't it?)

-Steve

[quote] We had a happy medium but they busted her! (Miss Cleo) [/quote]Do not worry evets! I am still quite happy! I foresee no jail time for me! PS I had a dream about you last night. You must call me!

Genuinely,

-Youree Cleomili Harris

"Your readin' will amaze you!"

[quote]Originally posted by Miss Cleo: PS I had a dream about you last night. You must call me![/QB][/quote]"You got my number? Yeah, I got it when you walked in the door..." Sugarloaf

-Steve

Archived