Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stylus RMX Xpanders

b3kys

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got liquid, burnin',retro,backbeat,noisebox, and stark ravin' and there all great. I've also got a few rex things and the ninevolt audio guitar stuff. It all works flawlessly. You can't go wrong with anything Spectrasonics does or anything that Eric is a part of.

They are two things missing:

each spectrasonics xpander comes with a common bonus section. so if you bought one, you got those bonus section which is made up of loops from vocal planet, distorted reality, bizarre guitar and some xtras.

ilio I hear will be similarly offering a bonus ilio section in their xpanders.

also they are multis that come with the xpanders, although spectrasonics allows registered users to download these multis from their website, and ilio may too.

rsp

richard sven

sound sculptist

Originally posted by b3kys:

From the conversion of the original libraries to the expanders.

Do you mean differences between the original Akai/Roland sample libraries and the expanders, or differences between the boxed versions of the expanders and the original libraries as converted to RMX format by Spectrasonic's "SAGE Converter" program?

- Dan

Dan Phillips

Manager of Product Development, Korg R&D

Do you mean differences between the original Akai/Roland sample libraries and the expanders, or differences between the boxed versions of the expanders and the original libraries as converted to RMX format by Spectrasonic's "SAGE Converter" program?

- Dan

I would like to know the difference between the original Akai/Roland sample libraries when compared to the expanders and the differences between the boxed versions of the expanders when compared to the original libraries as converted to RMX format by Spectrasonic's "SAGE Converter" program.

Thanks

To b3kys:

The difference between the original Akai/ Roland CD-ROMs and the self packed expanders is none. When converted by the "SAGE Converter" program. Same material/ same possibilities. Exept the expanders has some bonus material. This bonus material (found in the spectrasonic titels) has nothing to do with the titel of the libraries and is the same for all four spectrasonic titels. This material is taken from "Vocal planet", "Distored Reality 1&2" and "Bizare guitar".

Hope this clearifies things a bit.

Archived