Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AES 119th Convention (2005) Reports

Geoff Grace

The 119th Audio Engineering Society Convention is taking place at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York, NY from today, Friday, October 7th through Monday, October 10th, 2005.

Please post your AES Convention reports here, for forum members who are not fortunate enough to go to the show.

Feel free to discuss AES 119th Convention announced gear, events, and performances in this thread.

-

Below are some AES Convention related links of note:

Dave Bryce is exhibiting his popular ADAM (and DSI?) products at the AES Convention.

Craig Anderton is there to cover the show and has begun a thread here .

There is a forum dinner scheduled in New York for tonight (Friday, October 7th).

Harmony Central is posting regular AES gear updates here throughout all of the days of the show.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Anderton, has already started posting his impressions in the thread linked to below:

It\'s time for AES and terror threats...welcome to NYC!

Many of the announcements Craig shares at the link above have yet to be posted to the Harmony Central 119th AES Coverage page .

Best,

Geoff

Follow the links below for in-depth news about Pro Tools 7:

Originally posted at the Digidesign User Conference:

Pro Tools 7 Software Announced

October 7, 2005

Digidesign is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Pro Tools 7 Software. Pro Tools HD 7, Pro Tools LE 7, and Pro Tools M-Powered 7 software are all expected to be available to users in about a month.

For information on new features in Pro Tools 7, please see the following:

Pro Tools 7 Announcement

For information on all Pro Tools 7 Upgrades and Updates, please see the following:

Pro Tools 7 Software Upgrades and Updates

Additional Information

Pro Tools 7 Software, Upgrades and Updates are not yet shipping or available for download or purchase from Digidesign, the DigiStore, or Digidesign Dealers.

Upgrades are not available from Digidesign Customer Service, they will only be available on the DigiStore or from authorized Digidesign dealers.

Due to the real-time nature of credit card transactions on the DigiStore, Pro Tools 7 Upgrades will not be available for pre-order on the DigiStore. Pro Tools 7 Upgrades (either by download or CD, see link above) will be available on the DigiStore when Pro Tools 7 is released. Free updates for qualified customers, as well as Upgrade PLUS plug-in purchases for users qualified for free updates will be available at that time.

Check with your Authorized Digidesign Dealer for information on pre-ordering Pro Tools HD 7 PLUS and Pro Tools LE 7 PLUS upgrade bundles.

Best,

Geoff

I'm going to be pretty excited to see what everyone has to say. I'm pretty excited to hear anything about that Bandstand program. Too bad NI doesn't have a demo, if it's half of what I hope it is, I'd get it in a second.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Dick, thanks for posting - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one looking for first hand accounts! :thu:

Okay, here's another item. It's not a keyboard; but it's worthy of note for anyone who records keyboards:

Neve 8816 Summing Mixer

Man, that looks cool! :cool:

Best,

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

Archived