Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

electro controller?

rzzzzz

(hi, first time caller, long time listener.)

I've got an electro, and I love like heck pounding on the ep's, but it makes my fingers ache. A few of you recommend weighted controllers, not only for comfort, but you say that the ep's and even the pianos sound better.

My budget is limited. I see SoundLogic controllers on-line for $400. Some of you have expressed scepticism regarding Fatar keys, but they do seem to end up on a number of pricey boards.

I could spend a little more, I guess, but I'm not really after anything else besides what's on the electro already. (Except it would be nice to be able to hook up to my powerbook if that could get me the mellotron that Clavia chooses not to pursue.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used a Studiologic SL880Pro for a while. It worked real nice as an Electro controller. I only stopped using it because it was a bit of a hassle to lug around and not get any sounds out of. I've since replaced it with a S90ES so I get the weighted keys for the Electro EP's and all the juicy sounds from the S90. I liked the action on the SL880.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived