Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

M Audio ProKeys 88 Thanks Ken Hughes!!!

gfred611

Just arrived today from AMS and I cannot stop playing it!!

I'm kinda new to playing keyboards, but this one is hard to keep my hands off of.

I especially like the split/layer functions....the pianos sound wonderful with the warm pads.

Thanks Ken Hughes for your thorough review. I'm going to use it in my worship band and gigs.

Gwen

"Sometimes it's easier to buy gear than to practice..."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also thank you Ken.

I was looking/researching for a keyboard to purchase, and re-start my Piano/Organ learning.

I took some class 30 years ago.

Based on your postive review and reading else where on the forum on the approach to doing reviews ( the standard: claims of the manafacture, and the subject aspect of testing the claim).

I ordered the ProKeys 88 Stage piano June 30, It arrived on the Sept 24, at local Sam Ash music store. ( The look on the sales mans face when I order it without every playing on one was priceless)

The unit work right out of the box.

I have them connected to a set of Roland DS-5 monitor speakers.

This piano is fun to play, or in my case: learn, pratice and relax with. My only problem is the children also like this unit, I have to wait until there bed time has started. ( I am not getting two for house yet)

Minor grips:

The unit is very dense weight to size, you need a strong stand to hold it. I guess 88 hammers do have some weight.

If this is your first ever synth using the MIDI. One would want its documentation and MIDI use could be expand a bit more, or even more tips.

After playing for a few hours, I am very happy with the purchase.

Thanks again, I look forward to reading more of your reviews.

Archived