Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is "Keyboard" really "Keyboard Sounds"?

Hugo H

I'll vote for the sidebar. Call it "Gimme some action" or whatever. If you make comments about the keyboard's approximation to an acoustic piano please specify which brand - e.g. Kawai is markedly heavier than most so this is important. Maybe the list I started could be embellished. I mean give it a rating for playing: 1. classical piano (even velocity being important here); 2. Hammond palm swipes; 3. machinegun Hammond technique; 4. clav (I'm referring to the key-up spring you want triggering a sample of the trigger reconnecting to the string playing funk); etc.

Keys: Hammond SK2, Hammond SK1, Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Waldorf STVC

Amplification: Line6 L3T, Yamaha DBR-10, Presonus Air 10, Leslie 122V

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Horne:

I would buy a Yamaha keyboard without first playing on it and the same feeling would also apply for a Roland. It's those third world keyboards that need the extra verbal attention.

[enter Sue, stage left]

And you wonder why there's "nothing new and innovative" out there in hardware. You get upset with repackaged technology.

Thanks for calling. :freak:

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

I'm still in semi-shock that this is going to happen. That's not bad, just amazing! Do you realize how very, very rare it is for a company to change like this, to be this responsive to their customers?

I'm still talking to everybody about it.

Amazing.

Thanks again, guys.

Kawai GS-40 grand & other keys

Archived