Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Another PEK convert

nursers

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saving up for mine. I was a little misty-eyed when it was finally time to ship the review unit back. I think I'd be happy with a PEK and a rack... or two.

I always like to think of the Evolver stuff and the Andromeda as where synths might have gone much earlier if the DX-7 and affordable samplers/ROMplers had never happened.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

I always like to think of the Evolver stuff and the Andromeda as where synths might have gone much earlier if the DX-7 and affordable samplers/ROMplers had never happened.

Interesting observation, but its all good! :thu:

And congrats on your new purchase!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

While I myself have a serious overlapping of all things rompler, I definitely don't think the proliferation was a bad thing. It taught me a little about arranging & orchestration. That said, I am definitely thinking of selling a few pieces & getting a nice rack of analog.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Heck, ROMplers certainy were not a bad thing! :) I was just observing that if we hadn't had that development when we did, the market may have tried to take analog a lot farther earlier on.

Of course, the Evolvers have a digital wavetable section too, and that's based on samples (albeit short ones).

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived