Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The pin will be removed today.

ITGITC

Oooh Tom, I know a doctor that was right once, hope this isn't one of them.

Glad to hear you got thru the extraction OK. Maybe you should just brush up on Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran" for awhile, let that sucker heal good.

And have the old lady trim the hedges from now on, OK? Do NOT tell her I said that.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave, the Rave:

Photo? (I know, I'm sick....)

Good luck Tom, hope the pin removal goes okay.

Cheers,

:DTR

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the kind words. :)

All is better. I'm on the mend. I'm becoming inspired again & thinking about upcoming gigs that I don't have. :rolleyes: But I left the window open while I played yesterday evening. Maybe the neighbors will put in a good word for me.

Do not look at this picture. It WILL gross you out. I will NEVER do yardwork without heavy gloves ever again.

PIN IN FINGER X-RAY

Take care,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

What are you doing for physiotherapy on it? Have they given you any? I wonder if anyone has studied physio for hand injuries in musicians? Maybe there are excercises used by baseball pitchers that could be applied?

Glad to hear its going well. Can't help thinking there but for the grace of God ...

Byrdman,

I'm going back in 2.5 weeks to start physical therapy.

So far, the good doctor wants me to bend the finger and hold it for 10-15 seconds, release it and bend it again. It's not easy. It's still swollen.

Beer helps. :P

Thanks for your note.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Llarion & Eric - Thank you. The finger's going to be fine.

I wanted to use that old joke when I was in the doctor's office Friday... you know the one:

I'd ask him "But Doctor, once my finger has healed can I play the piano?"

And he'd say something like, "But of course you can."

And I'd HAVE TO ply him with my smart-alec answer (and you already know what that is)...

"That's GREAT! All my life I've wanted to play the piano!" :D:P

I'd get smacked up 'side da head for that, I just know it.

Thanks gentlemen.

Tom

Archived