Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help me. I�m once again falling to (software) addiction.

RABid

For months I did not buy anything. No hosts. No VSTis. No samples. No updates. NI Komplete Kare was sending me frequent updates and I was happy. Battery, Kontakt, ABSynth, Reaktor. All updated in the first few months of the year. Life was good. Sadly NI stopped pushing out updates and I started suffering withdrawal. Once I reached the breaking point I bought the Reason 3 update, even though I hardly use Reason. Then it was the Project5 vs. 2 update. Then Cakewalk sent an email offering a free update to Sonar 5 to those that would update to vs. 4. I bought it. And last night I joined the group buy from Esoundz for a nice package of samples for Reason, Kontakt and SampleTank. I jumped from updating current software to buying new stuff.

Now I am looking at my software list. I need updates for Live, Acid, SoundForge, CamelPhat, Tassman and GigaStudio. I have a discount offer for CamelSpace, and I have listened to the demo MP3s of Rob Papen Blue every day for the past week.

Im a pitiful mess. Should I just stay away from the Internet? Ignorance can be bliss. Pleas help.

signed

Desperate in Kentucky

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Acid upgrade is well worth it. SF, I'm still not sure. Don't use the rest (okay I have GigaSampler LE, but I don't use it), so can't help there. OTOH, Tassman has always sounded tempting.

I guess, if there's a message in this, it's that you have to be a RECOVERED gear addict to help. I'm just not qualified...

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

Originally posted by Rabid:

...I jumped from updating current software to buying new stuff...

... Should I just stay away from the Internet? Ignorance can be bliss. Pleas help.

signed

Desperate in Kentucky

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Desperate in Kentucky,

I know the addiction is tough, but you must be strong! Here's a suggestion. Get a scale. On one side, place the dollar bill equivalent of all the money that you've spent on this stuff. On the other side, place the dollar bill equivalent of all the money that this stuff has actually made for you. When they're equal, feel free to go shopping again. ;):D:D Dr. Paul

WUDAYAKNOW.. For the first time in my life, I'm wrong again!!

Dear Desperate in Kentucky:

You cannot stay away from the internet. :evil: We know everything about you. We have your VISA card on file. We know your birthdate as well as your Social Security number. We know your mother's maiden name. There is no getting away from us.

Avoiding us is pointless. We've got the number of the license tag on your automobile. We know your home address. We know where you work. We've even got your cell phone number and know your favorite mixed drink. And that watch you've been missing? It's in the pants pockets of your dark gray suit hanging in your closet - the one you wore to your sister's wedding.

Have no fear Rabid, we will cause you no harm... as long as you continue your subscriptions and keep all of your software up to date.

Signed,

The Software Police

PS And the time that you spent with the sheep in the petting zoo when the state fair came to town last fall when you told the li'l missus that you were playing cards with the boys? :eek: ...Your secret's safe with us. :evil:

:P

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived