Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: KC Corner Katrina eBay Challenge

DafDuc

Hopefully not against forum rules. sF, feel free to do whatever...

Here's the chance to do something for Katrina victims beyond just getting out your checkbook:

http://www.missionfish.org/promo/2005/katrina/index.jsp

I'd propose we each (those of us who can) put some of our unused / rarely used gear up for auction and earmark the proceeds for the Red Cross, or other nonprofit supported at missionfish, and post the link here and in the garage sale threads.

If I understand correctly, this puts it on eBay as well - I got the link from eBay originally.

Given the problems with linking to eBay in the past, I'd suggest including easily searchable terms in your description that will help us and others find you: KC, Keyboard Corner, Katrina, Charity, Red Cross, etc.

I'm going to put a few pieces up, not sure which ones yet - I'll post back when I figure it out. I invite all my KC brothers and sisters to do likewise. I'll be watching and bidding on the rest too.

For some of us, money is tight, for others, there's little gear to spare. Of course for some, none of this is possible. That's fine, do what you can. I'll admit, I can spare gear more than cash right now...

BTW, there's a % option that lets you designate how much of the proceeds are going to charity - I'd like to suggest you make it 100% if you can, or at least 50%. I don't imagine I'll be looking to buy anything at under 50% - the 10% stuff strikes me as a gimmicky way to sell gear. Maybe that's just me, though.

It'd be interesting if we could continue this long enough to get some reader interest, but I know the lead time is REAL long going to print. OTOH, I don't see any reason why this can't be an ongoing thing, rather than a one-month-only (for example) event. We can make that up as we go along, I guess.

Peace,

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm having troubles with eBay recognizing my bank account.

Mean time, here's what's up. These are "Buy It Now" prices. If you want to wait til I figure out the eBay issue (may be a few days) and do the usual bidding, feel free. But these may be gone by then. All items sold as-is, 100% of purchase price will go tyo American Red Cross, shipping & packing FedEx: insured for full purchase price, all FedEx charges in addition to purchase price. Local pick up can be arranged (Detroit area). Payment by PayPal only, unless we're doing the local pickup thing, then I'll accept cash too. Contact me via PM here at KC if you're interested or have questions.

Items:

Kurzweil SP-88 digital stage piano, semi-weighted keys, very good condition. With AC Adaptor. And it's PURPLE!!!

Buy It Now price $399.

Yamaha P-50 digital piano half-rack module. With AC adaptor. Very Good condition. Buy It Now price $50.

Roland P-55 digital piano half-rack module. With AC adaptor. Very Good condition. Buy It Now price $50.

Roland U-110 rack mount digital sound module. With power supply and two expansion cards. Good condition. Buy It Now price $75.

Acoustic 500 keyboard mixer, circa 1976. 4 input channels, mono master out, two effects send channels, 9-band graphic EQ, 2-band per channel tone control. Pad knob and volume fader for each channel. Condition unknown - at least one graphic band does not work. Have not even tested this thing in 8 or 9 years. Still, a very cool retro look, and quite a conversation piece - if you have the old Rock School (Herbie) videos, Larry Graham's interview has one of these lurking prominently in the background. Buy It Now price, $50.

Again, all proceeds (other than S&H) to American Red Cross. PM me with questions and/or offers. I'll post back when items are gone.

And I (again) invite the rest of you to evaluate your inventory and see what you can spare. If anything.

Peace,

Jay "Dafduc" Ricketts

Bump.

Wow - really underwhelmed with the response so far. Not just here - it's crosssposted at RP (my home away from home too) - a few attaboys, no bids.

Guess I'll have to take the eBay plunge.

Okay, everything's on eBay now except the yammy p-50, which has a potential buyer.

Only the SP-88 has a reserve, everything else is $1 start. Search on "KATRINA" under musical instruments.

Daf

Archived