Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MKS-80 users: Help!

WeziWezo

Hi folks,

I just bought a MKS-80 (w/o MPG). Now I'm looking for a WORKING librarian/editor for this unit. I've tried some programs but no one seems to recognize the MKS (no handshake) or transfer data correctly (I get ERROR messages). I tried "Universal MIDI Editor", "MKS-80 Patch Manager", "Bome's SendSX" and others.

"Universal MIDI Editor" cannot handshake with MKS (maybe settings aren't correct). "MKS-80PM2" doesn't work on my computer. "Brome's SendSX" doesn't recognize the MKS.

Anyone can help me on the best software to use? What settings needed?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Wezo00

Korg Trinity Pro HDR, Korg Trinity Plus HDR, Kurzweil PC2, Roland JX-10, Roland MKS-80, Akai S-2000.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

I sold my MKS-80 with programmer last year, I just didn't use it as much as I'd have liked to with the Andromeda around. Even though the MKS produced some amazing sounds I couldn't justify keeping it... Maybe I'll get one some other time, it's really a great synth.

I bought mine without the programmer and spent a couple of months programming it with the front panel buttons until I got sore thumbs... :freak: I never used a computer editor, but I can recommend getting an MPG80, that kind of hands-on control really breathes new life into the MKS80.

Buy a MPG is certainly the best thing to do and that would be my first choice but its not easy to find and I don't use enough my MKS to justify to spend that money.

Even with a MPG, sysex could be useful to store and load sound banks. I already get two M-64c and I want to load them of SuperJupiter sounds but I'm jammed by the deficient MIDI implementation of the MKS. I know some people have success with a librarian. I just want to know there tricks! What software and what settings.

Best.

Korg Trinity Pro HDR, Korg Trinity Plus HDR, Kurzweil PC2, Roland JX-10, Roland MKS-80, Akai S-2000.

Originally posted by WeziWezo:

Even with a MPG, sysex could be useful to store and load sound banks. I already get two M-64c and I want to load them of SuperJupiter sounds but I'm jammed by the deficient MIDI implementation of the MKS

did you try MIDI-OX ? i mean for sysex librarian only, i think it has many options, perhaps even hand shaking setup ?!
http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Archived