Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio Privia 400R vs. MAudio ProKeys88 vs. Kurzweil Sp76?

skier4467

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Casio Privia 400. The action is decent, there's a nice stereo grand piano, I'm happy with the Rhodes sound and I particularly like the Rock Organ. Other organ sounds are OK. I don't use the Clav sounds so I can't really comment there. Dollar for dollar I am very happy with the Privia, it's a good value for what it costs. As for the other instruments you mention I've never played either of those.

• 4 months later...
I just purchased the Privia PX-400R for my daughter's Christmas gift. After reading many positive comments like yours (stephenm52), on this and other forums. Got a great deal with everything in one(HUGE)box; piano, bench, stand, mic + stand for $614 (Sam's Club). Thanks for the tip!

Another thumbs up for the 400r!

I would note, however, that the basic features, including the keyboard feel and main sounds, of the less expensive Privias seems to be the same, so consider whether the extra features of the 400r are what you need. The GM sounds are not really noteworthy, but they are fun to layer.

I believe the Privia 100 model got a Key Buy and know that Keyboard also reviewed the 400R. Maybe those reviews are online.

Privia, X-Station, Micron, Handsonic, Logic, Live

Just a hobby, man.

Archived