Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Waves 3.5 RTAS

Hey folks, I need some help please. I'm a registered Waves owner, and I'm having some problems getting a couple of my Waves bundles to work and play well together. I spoke with Waves today, and they had some suggestions, but unfortunately I'm still having problems with 3.6 and the plugs that came bundled with my Digi 002 (the Ren Collection). What I need to track down is a copy of the standard Waves 3.5 installer for the Ren 2 collection. I am NOT asking for a "cracked" version - I'm a legit user with valid challenge / response codes. I just need the installer for that version (3.5 instead of 3.6). Does anyone know where I can ftp a copy of that QUICK? I've got some late night sessions tonight and I'd like to get this going for it if I can. THANKS!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They only have the 3.6 online, and I've already got the CD with that on it. But that's okay - someone just sent me the demo of 3.5, so I can use that for now until I can get things worked out with Waves tech support. Thanks folks - I'm all set now. :cool:

No thanks BC... while I hate copy protection hassles and am not above using a crack of something I've paid for if it eliminates the hassle factor, I pay for the software I use and prefer to use the "legit" versions whenever possible. :cool: Thanks anyway - I'm all set, because someone sent me a demo 3.5, which I can use my challenge / response codes with.

[quote]Originally posted by = stevepow =: [b]I'm your pack rat - 6.5 MB and I have cable modem - PM me and let me know how you want it. Windows - right? ;) [/b][/quote]Thanks Steve - I already got hooked up. But if I ever run into the problem again, I know who to ask. Yeah, I'm a Windows user - one of Bill Gates' subjects. :eek: :D I really appreciate your help! Once again, this just goes to show how cool the musicplayer community is! :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Sexy Bastard: [b]Just thought I'd offer. ;) I'm 100% cracked softsynths!!! :Sexy Bastard Reason 2, Reaktor 3, Cubase SX, Logic, Pro-53, B4, EVP73, Lounge Lizard, Absynth, Wavelab 4, Waves Mastering. All gloriously CRACKED. [/b][/quote]What are you, a dunce or something? Glorifying krak's is not considered cool. People like you are hurting legit users and software development. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

If everyone stole the software, then there'd be no incentive for the manufacturers to invest time, money and resources into making the programs... software development would slowly die off, and companies would go out of business, because they wouldn't be geting paid for the work they do. How does piracy hurt legit users? Because manufacturers, in a futile attempt to try to protect their intellectual property, implement PITA software protection schemes. Those can definitely be a PITA for the legit / "paying" end users, and in almost all cases, they don't prevent the piracy - they get "cracked" in spite of the protection. Plus, if the companies go out of business, then there's no cool new tools for us to use!

[quote]Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe: [b]if the companies go out of business, then there's no cool new tools for us to use![/b][/quote]That's pretty much the bottom line.Besides,bragging about software theft is pretty much as lame as it gets,especially on a bbs frequented by developers.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Another way warez hurt legit users: I pay for my software and charge x amount of money for my services, a warez-user can offer a similar service for less and still make a living. This is not fair by any standard and it threatens my livelihood in several ways. Starting today, I will seriously consider reporting each music-software crack-user I meet (online or offline) to the business software alliance. I'm so totally fed up with this bullshit. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

i have to fess up here - i have been running a cracked version of t-racks for about a year now. i bought a copy (new) for about $300, went through two weeks of hassle trying to do the challenge/response through email (no or slow response form email). finally got it to work about 3 weeks AFTER I PAID FOR IT, then a week later it was time for one of those "rebuild your system due to unknown reason". i LOST the response code on my hard drive, and was greeted with a new challenge code. i tried to do the email thing with the manufacturer again but they suggested i was a criminal and wouldnt give me a new code. [i]i then downloaded the cracked version off of limewire in about 7 minutes. it fired up and worked fine, and still does.[/i] do i feel bad? HELL NO! i am still pissed off about this.

[quote]Originally posted by beer and nacho Coaster: [b]i am still pissed off about this.[/b][/quote]I have just as much didain for companies punishing legit users as I have for thieves.Luckily I have quality stuff that merely requires a serial or I might be forced to go Coasters route.Since I don't, my requirement for buying is "no" elaborate protection scheme that doesn't work,just a serial(Cerial,get it :D ).
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Coaster posted a perfect example of a case where the "hassle factor" can justify the use of a "crack".... it's also an excellent example of how copy protection hurts legit owners / users. Coaster, did you try faxing IK a copy of the paperwork? A receipt or a photocopy of the first page of the manual or something to "prove" ownership? Seems to me that they'd have some sort of record of your purchase if you bought it and D/L online, or if you had already registered once. I can tell you this: if Sonic Foundry goes belly up, I'll continue to use their software - even if that means I have to use a crack or S/N generator to "authorize" it. The problem is that SF's copy protection is challenge / response, and if they're gone, then they can't provide the info I need if I should have to do a reformat of my C drive again (and as any computer user knows, that's only a matter of time). But I've bought and PAID for the right to use that software, and I can prove it - so I wouldn't feel bad about using it in that way if that was the only way I could use it. Some time ago, Dan South had a Logic dongle break by accident. IMO, he would have been justified in using a crack while he was waiting for them to process his PAYMENT for a new dongle and ship it to him. HASSLE! I've re-built my computer and / or re-formatted my system's C drive numerous times. Eventually, I exceeded the "acceptable" number of authorizations of Windows XP. I had to call Microsoft and explain that 1) I'm a recording studio 2) because of that, I'm upgrading / rebuilding my computer on a regular basis 3) I PAID for the software, and I want to continue to use it - even if that means it's on the same single "machine", even though there's a new mobo in it. They were very nice and gave me a new code and it worked fine, but it was a hassle. Let's contrast those situations to another approach - Sonar. If I reformat my "C" drive, I reinstall Sonar and punch in a serial number. I'm done. No hassle (other than tracking down the original CD and S/N, which they thankfully attached via sticker to the CD's jewel case). Let's face it: Piracy is wrong. It's theft. But the manufacturers are kidding themselves if they think software copy protection is helping them. It's hurting them and legit users, while only SLIGHTLY slowing the illegal distribution of their intellectual property.

some software like protools seems to be accepting of system re-do's. if i re-install a backed up system, protools has no problem with it. all the plug ins still work too. its just those challenge/response programs that have issues with the real world. i think i only have t-racks as a challenge/response setup. everything else i have is keyed (i hate that) or serial# my next step in the computer world is to buy an old 7300/200 or similiar so i can run all this old software i have. things like "reverb dist 5.3", "cecelia" and other c-sound variants that are not updated and do not run on modern macs. pro tools pretty much requires os9.1 (will run on lesser systems but not as well IMHO) and this c-sound stuff requires 8.1 or less. i have those old systems on my machine but rebooting to another system all the time in the middle of a session is not acceptable

The last time I did a restore from a Ghost image (LOVE that program!!!), everything worked pretty well, except for my SoundReplacer plug in. I ALWAYS unauthorize stuff like that (key disk programs) before the reformat if possible... A simple call to Digidesign helped, and I was back online in no time. And they even offered to send me a new key disk if things didn't work out. Key disks are a HASSLE, but at least Digidesign's customer service is good. :thu:

Hey Phil, you've reinstalled SONAR, eh? How did you recover your FX presets? Cakewalk can't tell me how to (probably since I'm running a legit version ;) ).
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Matt, to be honest, I really don't use effects in Sonar very often, so that's a non-issue for me. I primarily use Sonar as an Acid replacement and for MIDI and softsynth stuff. I do audio pretty much exclusively in Pro Tools. Sorry I couldn't be of more help - maybe a new thread would be a good idea - Craig (and other Sonar users) may have some suggestions for you.

Yep, I tried a thread about two weeks ago, but no definite answers. I usually use my other plug-ins, but I find myself using some FX plugs as well, they're really not bad. Thanks anyway.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Hey guys, I'm sorry to read about your software woes, but I'm glad that you found workarounds anyway. Could you do me (and perhaps our community) a favor? I created a thread in Roger's forum entitled, [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001971]Nightmare Experiences with "Copy Protection"[/url] . Could you please post your problems and resolutions there? Thanks, Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived