Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any News on the Nord Stage?

MusicaL

Has anyone found anything on the internet or otherwise about this board?

What the ETA? What's the price point? Anything...

It seems awfully quiet in the great Nordic north!!!

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The STAGE looks like a great keyboard. It is on my wish list, competing with my GAS for the Yamaha S90ES. I have not heard anything lately on the Nord Electro forum about the shipping date for the STAGE, but seems like it was early Fall 2005 based on the last info I heard.

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Y'all!!

But, are keyboards getting ridiculously expensive or is it my imagination? $3299??? That's nuts! I am sure the board is fabulous. Well, I am not so sure. But, for crying out loud it's an Electro + part of a Lead + a piano patch or two...

I mean, I can buy an S90 and a Lead for that price, and I'd be getting a lot more real estate, and a lot more features, especially on the lead. I suppose one is paying for the all in one concept and the 88 weighted keys... But, at that price, the S90ES looks very promising at $1000 less.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. We'll see what the Nord sounds like when it gets out.

aL

Gear: Yamaha MODX8, Mojo 61, NS2 73, C. Bechstein baby grand.

Looks like the price is coming in on the high end of what we were talking in January, at least if the Sweetwater site is accurate. Retail of of $4,100 and a MAP of $3,300.

It might turn out that the real competition for the Stage comes from their own Electro line. With ~$2,000 keyboards like the RD700SX and now the S90ES providing top shelf ac. piano emulations and excellent actions, you can add a 61-note Electro on top all for the price of the Stage.

Busch.

My dream scenario (okay, it's a "I'm bored at work, let's daydream about red for a while" dream ;) ):

Nord sells the Stage for the higher price that it appears to be coming in at... and throws in a free 'headless' controller keyboard that is basically the Electro 73 with nothing but a MIDI out, dedicated to plug into the Stage for an organ action. :thu:

Yeah, I know... I really should get back to work... but it's a fun idea, yes? :D

(oh, and before people start shooting darts at the idea, please be advised my tongue is so firmly in cheek here that it hurts... ;) )

Cheers,

SG

Gas,

I think that you have finally found the avatar of your life... :thu:

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by Dreamer:

Gas,

I think that you have finally found the avatar of your life... :thu:

This is so true, Mr. Dreamer.

You may have noticed that I have changed avatars frequently over the past few weeks. I did find those cheetah cubs cute. I really liked the guts of that tube pre amp. But when I saw the little picture of the ladies in the bikinis, I just couldn't resist.

It's a wonderful thing to not have to think about your preferences. :P If you look at that avatar and a broad smile erupts across your face, then that's a pretty clear indication that there's no indecision. I think they call it a 'gut reaction'.

Anyway, thanks for noticing. :D

http://shopping.msn.com/img/edt/_Partner/msnbc/bikini100x100.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

come on, if you really wanna go with the red swedish ones, you can easily get an electro and a lead much cheaper now... especially used, and they will do a lot better at any gig, than this one
www.thomas.bryla.dk --- Powerbook 15" 1.5 Ghz G4, Logic Pro 7.1, Mackie Onyx 1640 w/ FW card, Yamaha P-250, WX7, Roland V-Combo, V-Synth, AX7, Korg M1-Bryla

come on, if you really wanna go with the red swedish ones, you can easily get an electro and a lead much cheaper now... especially used, and they will do a lot better at any gig, than this one
www.thomas.bryla.dk --- Powerbook 15" 1.5 Ghz G4, Logic Pro 7.1, Mackie Onyx 1640 w/ FW card, Yamaha P-250, WX7, Roland V-Combo, V-Synth, AX7, Korg M1-Bryla

Originally posted by bryla:

and they will do a lot better at any gig

I hate to argue (well, no I don't) but I would absolutely DETEST trying to play any serious piano (be it classical, jazz, blues, rock, country, or any other genre you care to mention) on the Electro's action. Thanks, but no thanks.

So yeah, sorry, but I strongly disagree. :thu:

(and, to be clear, this is not a defense of the Stage, merely a complete dismissal of the other Clavia products as options for piano gigs... ;) )

Cheers,

SG

hmm... well true, i feel the same way, but you'll get a decent piano SOUND.

I have never owned or will never buy one of those, but they can sound ok

Hi everyone

I´m new in this forum. Now I have Korg PA1X. I´m planning to buy a stage piano for my studio. My dilema is, to choose between Clavia Stage Piano, Roland RD 700SX or S90ES. There are some demo from clavia Stage or S90ES? Thank you for your helps. Sorry for my bad English.

Franky

I'm wondering how much it weighs.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and also helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 350 of Harry's jazz piano arrangements of standards, for educational purposes, and tutoring at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas

Originally posted by burningbusch:

It might turn out that the real competition for the Stage comes from their own Electro line. With ~$2,000 keyboards like the RD700SX and now the S90ES providing top shelf ac. piano emulations and excellent actions, you can add a 61-note Electro on top all for the price of the Stage.

Hey Busch! Hope you're doing well out there in Seattle!

I totally agree with your statement and that's where I sit with the Electro and S90 combination. The S90ES has me drooling quite a bit and I may try to upgrade from the S90 to the S90ES - but the increased length really burns me up.

The STAGE intrigues me. It is under 40 lbs. Wow. It has about the smallest footprint of any pro digital piano-esque instrument out there. It has multitimbral soundsets in spades. I'm thinking that I could potentially *replace* my Electro with the STAGE. I'm not sure about the action for organ playing, however, but with the right controller it might work... If the STAGE replicates all the sounds I have in the Electro, then it would be major overlap in the Hammond and EP categories to have both an Electro and STAGE in the same rig. I am VERY curious to hear the STAGE's piano and synth sounds. Clavia creates quality instruments with quite a bit of character. Therefore, I have high expectations that the STAGE will sound and feel great.

Assuming I could in theory move my Electro out of the live rig with the addition of the STAGE, I could then use the STAGE and the DSI PEK as my live rig and that would be pretty killer. I am so hopelessly addicted to the Electro that it would be really hard to not use it, but I could see using the PEK as a controller for organ sounds triggered from the STAGE.

Who knows...I'm just thinking about it all as I type. I have this sneaking suspicion that the STAGE is going to be one killer instrument.

Regards,

Eric

I think the Stage will probably use a Fatar action which also tends to limit the dynamic expression of a controler.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and also helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 350 of Harry's jazz piano arrangements of standards, for educational purposes, and tutoring at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas

This surprises me, as the German sales rep. told me two weeks ago that the Stage is still under development and is unlikely to ship before September.

Originally posted by Roland Genske:

This surprises me, as the German sales rep. told me two weeks ago that the Stage is still under development and is unlikely to ship before September.

I think that they are just taking pre-orders; this is a common practice among european online dealers :rolleyes:
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by eric:

If the STAGE replicates all the sounds I have in the Electro, then it would be major overlap in the Hammond and EP categories to have both an Electro and STAGE in the same rig.
Or, you could look at it as finally having a dual-manual Hammond, that's the idea I'm toying with. Yeah, a piano action on the lower manual wouldn't be ideal, but my limited left-hand technique could cope.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Dr. Dreamer,

WOW - you've got some really nice pictures on your website. :thu:

I'm going to listen to your music when I can find a minute to sneak back in my studio.

Thanks for sharing!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Tom,

nobody ever called me "Dr. Dreamer"... :confused:

...but it has a nice ring to it! :idea:

I think I like it! :cool:

Thank you for visiting my website and also for your kind words of appraisal, always much needed!

I am also glad to see that you are apparently over your blue phase. :)

Andy

Is it supposed to have a new improved acoustic piano sample set in it?

yes it has a new yamaha C7 patch for acoustic piano. It also has reverb for everyone bitching about lack of verb on the electro..I like the fact it has 4 audio outs so you can run acoustic piano to the house and organ to a leslie , etc

Yep, if you watch the video on SonicState (which I found via Google query), the developer states that they have all new piano sounds and more under development. I would be *really* surprised if they re-used the Electro's acoustic piano samples.

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by Dreamer:

Tom,

nobody ever called me "Dr. Dreamer"... :confused:

...but it has a nice ring to it! :idea:

I think I like it! :cool:

Thank you for visiting my website and also for your kind words of appraisal, always much needed!

I am also glad to see that you are apparently over your blue phase. :)

Andy

Yes. I went to the site. I saw the pictures. I even listened to Here, There, and Everywhere, one of my favorites. I look forward to hearing the other tracks tonight.

Regarding the blues... don't know why this comes my way every once in awhile. :( Perhaps it's because I'm a musician at heart and a bit too sensitive to stuff going on around me. Wish I could be like some folks and just not give a damn sometimes.

But enough about me :D Your music is great, Andy, and I appreciate the chance to get to hear it.

Thanks!

Tom

Archived