Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A silly observation about the movie "Signs"

If the aliens were allergic to water, why didn't they just wear wet suits? :p You'd think *one* of them would have looked down on the earth from space and said: "Nick nick grum Kzk Kzk Kzk" Translated: "I think that blue shit down there is water. We may be fucked. Too bad we have all of this advanced technology that allows to explore space, but yet, we can't find a way to defend ourselves from our only weakness! Oh well, fuck it. Let's go for it anyway. Surely they won't figure it out!"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Linwood: [b]Yea, and they can travel light years to get here, but all we have to do is lock them in a closet and they can't get out.[/b][/quote]I'm surprised they didn't run out of "gas" on the way over.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Originally posted by bowler: [b]If the aliens were allergic to water, why didn't they just wear wet suits? :p [/b][/quote]So I take it that's how it ends, huh? :rolleyes: Well, I guess if I thought I might actually see it, I wouldn't have read this thread. :) They should have named this film [i]Corn-spiracy Theory[/i].

[quote]Originally posted by His Majesty, The Bastard Jeebus: [b]If the aliens were allergic to water, why didn't they just wear wet suits? :p [/b][/quote]cos wetsuits allow you to get wet they trap water in and it warms up therefor keeping you warm but killing the aliens- what they need is a big fuck off drysuit and some sort of headgear for the ultimate in dry experiences while at sea! ;)
Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

No no no...they need those pants from the commercial where the dude goes out partying and people spill stuff on him and it just rolls off, keeping him nice and clean. Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Thank you. Yes, they would have needed a DRY suit. They are used for really cold dives. That web page review was too much. It asked one of my fundemental qurstions ... WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THEY EVEN COME HERE? If water is toxic, they couldn't touch anything organtic! They'd be better off nuking the planet and letting everything die, then coming back later. I still enjoyed the movie, though.
I really don't know what to put here.

Archived