Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your favorite sample CD format?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was going to answer this thread, but i cant. i use an akai s2000, but i do not use cd's on it. i have a 250mb zip drive for it instead. its typically hooked into mesa on either my pc or mac depending on what the heck i am doing. (pc version is better DOH!) i guess when i get samples i prefer aiff or sd2 format rather than .wav i have to convert wav to get them into mesa except on pc

Even though I enjoy having the samples as audio on my computer, I still prefer Audio CD. Lately , the samples CD include both, so we audition the audio CD , then drag the wav part into logic. The rest of the case, I'll use my good ol' E-synth to sample the stuff... Never used Rex or any other format.. Yet :D

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

AKP (S5000/S6000)... which should fall under wav format I guess. How come you left out Akai format sample CD Craig? Or maybe Giga... Audio format is okay, considering it'll put the price on the cheaper side, but a pain in the ass to cut it in smaller snippets. There is a nice freeware program that can do this for you, it's called [url=http://www.spacetaxi.de/sf/waveknife.html]WaveKnife[/url] which does the job pretty well. But I prefer to use Steinberg's Wavelab "autosplit" function for this.

Archived