Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone using VSampler? - New info

Well, what do you think? Is it cool? Is it lame? Somewhere in between? What things do you like and dislike about it? It doesn't do multisampling, does it? Are there any other software sampling solutions that I should consider that don't cost $500 and require a dedicated PC?(forget mac only stuff, I won't be gettting one anytime soon) Thanks in advance! [b]************New Info*************[/b] [quote] [i]I just found out the major difference between Vsampler and some of the more expensive software samplers ... Vsampler is memory based, ie, all the samples are played directly from ram. That means if you are using a bunch of other memory resident plugs, you could get bogged down and fubar'd pretty quickly. Kontakt, Samplitude, and Sample tank all are able to stream from the hard drive from what I've read. Hmmmm, guess I might need more ram. [/i] [/quote]
I really don't know what to put here.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use it. I haven't got around to setting up much more than Drum patches but it works great for that. I got tons of samples I've collected over the years and I have them all set up and organized in a VSampler set. It'll do multichannel and multiple patches. And a patch can have as many samples as your hard drive and system memory will handle I believe. It's got a ton of different pages and views for editing the crap out of stuff. It would be worth checking out the demo.

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

I've used it through Sonar a few times. It works fine for melodic instruments (I've used it for Rhodes and piano sounds mostly). I'm not an expert on samplers, but it seems effective. I do think it's more shareware than commercial software, but for the price... Go Eagles!
Kevin

[quote]Originally posted by batch151: [b]I've used it through Sonar a few times. It works fine for melodic instruments (I've used it for Rhodes and piano sounds mostly). I'm not an expert on samplers, but it seems effective. I do think it's more shareware than commercial software, but for the price... Go Eagles![/b][/quote]Thanks. I curious and wanted a little feedbavck before buying, but I guess for the price, if it even does a little of what they say, it will be worth it. Go Eagles!
I really don't know what to put here.

It certainly well priced for it's capabilties. I think I got it for $79 for being a regfistered cakewalk HSXL user and I think registered Sonar users get it 10 bucks cheaper. Though I'm not currently using it for much more than drums I have imported a few of my favorite soundfonts in it, Pianos, Saxes, Basses and etc., and played around with all the editing possibilities and its seems very capabable. I just use very little sampled and synth sounds after I play the guitars and bass, build drum tracks with VSampler, the Virtual Sound Canvas has been the quickest way of satisfying my needs.

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

Archived