Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Major announcement from Cereal

I closed on my new placed yesterday! I got a TH in Culver City w/ 2 car garage, 3 floors, 3 beds, 3 baths, hardwood throughout and a huge porch area. The complex is really clean and quiet. All this for under 300k. I'm really looking forward to getting my studio set up after 4 months of being in a garage. It's great to be back on the westside of LA. That's the only place for me. :D :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe: [b]Very cool Cereal! Congrats! But I'd personally prefer a place with four walls, a floor and a ceiling instead of "three floors". ;) [/b][/quote]I know Phil. But it's a trade-off. A 2,000 sf newer home out in the suburbs with long commutes or a TH in the middle of the action. SFR's in my area start at 450k and that's a 2+1. Actually, I won't miss doing the yardwork every weekend. Shucks Valky...you can have the couch - just please no snoring!

Super 8, did you watch the Rose Parade today? Looked nice (and warm) out here, didn't it? :p With high demand comes increased prices. Many people want to live here, and will pay through the nose for it. Personally, I think housing prices are just nuts. But OTOH, I'd rather pay a bit more for the house out here than deal with 10 feet of snow at a time out in Fargo or something (no offense Coaster!)

WTF, you bought yerself a Tree House for 300K ????? Wanna buy a bridge? :) :thu: :) :thu: :) Congrats to your new home! /Mats PS What time is the house warming party?

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Glad to hear the search is over and the final move coming soon!! All the best - great way to start a new year !! Where will the studio be set up? Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

San Diego may be our next buy in 5 years or so. It's my favorite place on the planet. My studio is temporarily going in the dining area just off the kitchen. I'm building a loft eventually. Mats...Yeah, it's a tall sucker but I enjoy the view. [img]http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/images/YooperDeerStand.jpg[/img]

Cereal, that is awesome. Congrats. My wife, son and I have been in the same rented townhouse in South Redondo for seven years. I pay out the ass in rent, but I haven't been able to get past the whole first house dilemma. As in, anywhere we'd be able to afford is an area that I don't want my wife and kid living in. Culver City is great, so congrats again. For those non-SoCalifornians, Culver City is a spot in the always-trendy West L.A. area, between L.A. city proper and Marina Del Rey/Venice Beach. Much of it is taken up by Sony Pictures studios. Have lunch at the Sagebrush Cantina on a weekday, and you'll run into a celebrity every single time. - Jeff

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy: [b] . Have lunch at the Sagebrush Cantina on a weekday, and you'll run into a celebrity every single time. - Jeff[/b][/quote]Celebrity? Didn't Chevy make those? Come to think of it, I think I did run into one of those once. Backed into it in a parking lot.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I'm with d on this one I thought it was about cereal. You know like maybe the Trix rabbit finally got away with a box of Trix. I love that stuff.
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

[quote]Originally posted by John Whynot: [b]Hey Cereal - Back in my 'hood again! I'm away for a week or so but PM me with your # and we can go to cubby's for a coffee. Congratulations JW[/b][/quote]Hey John, great to be back. Did you see those celebs JTTG is talking about at Sagebrush? :cool: I'm over at the Studio Townhomes on Sepulveeeeeeda as the tourists from Kansas would say. Across from the old Drive-in.

[quote]Originally posted by Doug Osborne: [b]congrats! we're neighbors! I live just off of Overland, and I bet you live somewhere on the old MGM backlot. We'll have to hoist one at the Tattle Tale[/b][/quote]Tattle Tale? man that's a purty tough looking crowd in there. How's that soul food place next door?

[quote]Originally posted by Cereal 2003: [b]I'm over at the Studio Townhomes on Sepulveeeeeeda as the tourists from Kansas would say. Across from the old Drive-in.[/b][/quote]Heh, I know those places. Nice. And unlike nearly everyone else in L.A., you could actually get to the airport in about ten minutes! - Jeff

I've cut FX on a bunch of films at Sony there, eaten many a lunch at the restaurants in the area in the last 11-12 years. Sure, I've seen celebs at Sagebrush but working on the lot you see them walking around all the time anyhow. Hey Ceral, you can make it out to one of my Thurday night gigs in SM now! Come on out & dance around to some interesting music. http://tripdance.org/WWW/html%20files/frameset_sacredspaces_workshops.htm

Paul Berolzheimer

Progenitor of 2 amazing sound sources

Archived