Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anyone using the new protools le beta?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the fact that acacked versio ahs been around for months that gives you this.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

Coaster. I have been using it 3 or 4 months now, no trouble at all. If it gets weird on you,use your old DAE instead of the new one that comes with the download ( which is what I do). Some people have had trouble using the new DAE. Did you get baned from the DUC? Just curious.

I honestly don't know Coaster... it could be, but I don't think so. I [i]think[/i] it's a "artificial" limit set by Digidesign via a few lines of code - and if that's indeed true, then you'd think they could have changed it to whatever value they wanted. But maybe not. I've seen that free "cracked" version, and 32 tracks is too many for it. It's a POS. It's basically PT Free with the 8 track limitation increased to 32. You still have all the other PT Free limitations - 16 bits, only 2 channel I/O, crashes all the time on most Win machines, etc. etc. It's a horrible "advertisement" for Pro Tools if you ask me - I find PT LE is a whole different world than PT Free in terms of reliability, useability and stability. Having said that, I am glad Digi upped the track count to 32 from 24. I find that 32 is usually enough for the way I work (and if it isn't, I've got another 32 tracks over on my AW4416's ;) ) although I know a lot of you prefer even more and have different working methods... I just rarely need more than that, although I usually need more than 24.

Archived