Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is there such a thing as...

....a 2 Ch. Firewire interface? I ask because my Audiosport Duo is fine, but the USB can't handle higher resolution. It even freezes recording at 24 bit/48 khz - that sucks. I only need 2 ch., as I'm right now only running ACIDpro 4.0, with no real intentions of using the surround options. Thanks in advance: I swear this will be the last thing I ask about this year!!! :D
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]X that Roland firewire, I must have dreamed that, but you do have that [url=http://www.prorec.com/prorec/pressrel.nsf/8380cd588060ef03862565e2000db872/6dd94b9c57f7366e86256b22008258a2!OpenDocument]MOTU 828[/url] which is pretty spiffy.[/b][/quote]Thanks Rog and TheWewus... Just went to the MOTU site, and checked out both the 896 and the 828 (only need 2 inputs), but it doesn't say if the 828 supports 88.1 res... Any thoughts? Happy End of the Old Year!! Spencer

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Don't know about that Spencer. I'll bet pretty soon there will be a lot of simpler, less expensive firewire interfaces, similar to all the USB stuff that's out now.[/b][/quote]Heh heh.... Hopefully similar in price, not in quality. :p That's the reason I'm looking to FW in the first place. Basically, I'm thinking of shoving a cardbus firewire adapter into m'laptop, then fetching a FW interface. Sound good to you? Cheers! Spencer

• 4 weeks later...
the 896 seems to be nice.... but, the preamps will not work stand alone, and worse, the ADAT optical conectors do not support 88.2 nor 96k. THAT MEANS, IF YOU GO HI RESOLUTION, THE ADAT PORTS GET DISABLED and you can only access the 8 analog i/o. not nice.......... I'm hoping they come out with a fixed version, and I'm also waiting for the 96k FIRESTATION. [img]http://planeta.terra.com.br/arte/EnricoDePaoli/enricotrim.jpg[/img]

Enrico De Paoli - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Studio / Live Engineering - Producer

www.HitMixers.com/Enrico.html

Archived