Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

just bought fantom xr do i now get rid of

sam risio

the XV2020? or does it give me additional sounds? and which xpansion board has the best keyboard sounds? i am waiting to hear the es rack from yamaha as i hear it has great acoustic sounds...anyone know what it has over the fantom in terms of patches to compliment/ thanks
life is something that happens while you are making other plans

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sell the xv 2020. Thats a no brainer

The SRX 07 is a popular expansion. As you know, there are a dozen SRX boards. Go over to rolandus.com for demos- figure out what suits your taste.

I don't know if the ES rack is a good combination with your XR. Thats something you need to ponder and compare strengths and weaknesses of both

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Hey double A, the XR is the best rack out there IMO

If you are buying used, you need to make sure the XR has the mo' board replaced under warranty by the original XR owner. The first production batch of XR's had a minor problem with the mo'board

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

For what you may get for the XV, I'd keep it. I believe the soundset is a bit different in the XR. If some of your favorite sounds, or something close enough, are still there, then if you get offered a great price, consider it. However, if you do find that some of your favorite sounds aren't there, keep it regardless. So, if I were you, I'd check that out.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived