Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ROLAND VK8COMBO ORGAN

Bronzee

Hello, I have been trying to find a keyboard and oragan so i was at this site: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ROLVK8 WHAT DO U ORGAN EXPERTS think of this..do this have the real organ sound and as for the keyboard. Can i get many sounds and can i add modules to this.??? I had gotten use to the 88 keys on my yamaha p120. I have started to grown into the sound of a organ with nice sounds, but i still want a piano too.I wonder do i have to go out and purchase a lesile speaker for this kind of combo organ? Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a VK-8 for my church a few months ago. Sounds excellent! You don't need a Leslie. The "other sounds" on it are okay but not great. We really just got it for it's Hammond abilities.

Daf

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

I have one. I've owned an original CX-3, an XB-2, XK-2, & finally the VK-8. It's the only Hammond clone that I've owned that the Leslie simulation was good enough to sell my Leslie's. The new CX-3 is comparable but it's almost a $1000 more. The XK-3 sounds better Hammond wise but it's Leslie sim lacks, it's more expensive & weighs almost 20 lbs heavier. The VK-8's action is great & although it's has the alternate sounds, they are not very good. The piano won't compare to the P-120 you already own. I'm finally happy with mine & have no plans to get something else.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Another option would be to keep your current keyboard and just add the Roland VK8M (module). They are not too expensive and you keep your piano sounds.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Excuse me Steve,

I've heard the demos of vk8 on the Roland site and I don't think that its leslie sim is that good, quite I think it's worse than XK-3 leslie sim (that is a good sim if you tweak it a little).

Maybe those demos refer at the sound of VK8 before the update?If so where is it possible to find demos of vk8 updated?

Fed

I seem to be the only moaner here but I owned one,

and found the upper notes sounding very artificial. It was convincing when playing some background chords in a band but I doubt it`ll do a good job when used stand - alone in a church.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Federico78:

Excuse me Steve,

I've heard the demos of vk8 on the Roland site and I don't think that its leslie sim is that good, quite I think it's worse than XK-3 leslie sim (that is a good sim if you tweak it a little).

Maybe those demos refer at the sound of VK8 before the update?If so where is it possible to find demos of vk8 updated?

Fed

The demo's on Roland's site were from before the 2.0 update. I'm surprised they haven't updated them. The leslie has improved greatly from 1.0. For some demo's of what the leslie sounds like, listen to the ones from the VK-8M, except for one, all of them came from the VK-8M. Also go to soundside.de and there's some demo's there.
Ryan

As suggested previously, you should check out the Roland V-combo. It has the VK-8 (but sounds better) and good pianos and EPs and some synths. You can add SRX expansion cards if you need more sounds. Waterfall keyboard is great to play (as a compromise for piano and organ)

Nord Electro 3

Roland JV-90

Archived