Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need a really custom made keyboard bag??

billlevinson

I have a Hammond XK3 and I need a really well made, well padded, custom soft gig bag. All the 'off-the-rack' soft cases don't fit well.

It is an odd dimension (47"L, 16"D, 5"H).

I want it to fit snugly.

Any ideas?

PS-I can't believe Hammond doesn't have one for their board (like Nord does!)

Give me a holler direct by email or phone (908)753-1727

Thanks--Bill

Road Rig: Hammond Xk3, Nord Electro, Speakeasy Preamp, MotionSound KBR 3d.

Home Rig: C3/122, Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Wurlitzer 200A, D6 Clav,

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric

thanks for the dope on the Motif case (Yamaha YBMOTIF7 Bag for MOTIF7). I checked dimensions, and the Motif case is 48.5" x 15" x 5" --- The Hammond XK3 is 47" x 16" x 5".

Very close, but the 16" depth of the XK3 seems to big for the 16" depth of the Motif case...

Maybe the fact that the case is a little longer than the XK3 (by 1.5")will let it fit o.k.

Have you tried out the fit yourself? Or are you sure it fits? I would like to order it today, but I want to be sure it's gonna work.

Thanks again, Bill

Road Rig: Hammond Xk3, Nord Electro, Speakeasy Preamp, MotionSound KBR 3d.

Home Rig: C3/122, Rhodes 73 Suitcase, Wurlitzer 200A, D6 Clav,

Bill, I do not own an XK3 (though it is on my gear lust wish list). I moderate another discussion forum in which the XK3 is a very hot topic. I recall several users that bought the Motif 7 case for the XK3 and said it was a perfect fit. I just double-checked and here is a quote:

Just as I expected, for those who want a great soft case for the XK3, try the soft case made for the Yamaha Motif 7... It fits perfectly, and has wheels to boot!
If you want to join the CloneWheel group and post additional queries about this topic and other XK3 topics, just click on the link below my signature for CloneWheel Forum. There are a lot of helpful subject matter experts there.

Regards,

Eric

UnderCover of New York make custom bags/cases for the best companies in NY. Levy's also makes good bags/cases to fit any size. Yamaha is not a custom case maker.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Archived