Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Frankfurt Messe - (6 - 9 April) Music Fair ... anyone going?

Dave Horne

I spent a day in Frankfurt last week and walked inside the main entrance since my wife and I biked past it.

Anyone here going? I'm thinking about.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always go to the Messe... :thu:

if you've never been, Dave, you should totally go. It's worth it just for Halle 1 (all acoustic pianos). Where else can you go from a Steinway D to a Bosie 290 to a Fazioli 308 with no salesguy bothering you? ;)

In the past, we've actually had forum dinners there. It's been lots of fun. It'd be totally cool if we could do one this year!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I try to go there every time. Last year the bus of Music Store Köln didn't go there (they used to have a special offer for their customers - including the Dutch) so a friend of mine and I went there by car and the grace of GPS. Worked pretty well I must say.

I had an appointment twice with Ken MacBeth (of the M3X and M5 fame) but sadly, I didn't meet him. I did get to play for an hour with a monstruous monosynth, though :) .

I only spent one day last week in Frankfurt but I found the city a bit too big and impersonal. Wiesbaden has much more charm and many small restaurants from which to choose.

If anyone from Holland wishes to join me, let me know. I will arrive the day before, stay in Wiesbaden and drive the 30 minutes to Frankfurt and spend another night in Wiesbaden before driving back to Noord Brabant. I also bring my bike and park and bike - I've saved a fortune in parking over the years.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would so much like to go and some months ago I started a topic about european gathering of forum members during Messe. No luck for me this year, since I will be in Greece, not that I hold a gruge :D .Maybe next year.

All of you guys going there have a good time! :wave:

Faruk

Fat But Fast

Anybody who is going, please do stop by and say hi! I'll be at the ADAM booth for most of the show, which is in Halle 4.1, booth J25.

If I'm not there, I'll probably be in Dave Smith's booth banging on the Poly Evolver KB. Dave's booth is in Halle 5.1 - not sure of the exact booth number.

I look forward to seeing those of you who make it! Maybe we can do a Forum dinner one night...?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I was all for coming this year (I've been to the Messe once or twice, *many* years ago) and finally have some real-life chat with a few forum members...

Unfortunately, my life has taken strange turns lately, which once again prevent me to leave.

There is still a slight chance that I could come for a day - I'll let you know if I'm able to.

Have a good dinner... :(:wave:

Then will SOMEBODY out there please check up on that new Clavia keyboard (if it IS a keyboard, that is) and get back to us!?

Eric, nordude, geekgurl, dabowsa, jeebus, myself and all the other Nord Electro players thank you in advance!

Here for the gear.

I now have two jobs that week so I will not be attending. I could work the fair around those two jobs but the trip would be more of a luxury than a necessity.

If anyone goes, please check out the various backing modules - the Music Minus One\Band in A Box type modules. Thanks!

Archived