Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Korg midi keyboard controller-Kontrol 49

Milos

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice. It is called "Midi studio controler". I hope it is sutrdy enough for the stage applications. I like those large buttons. I would really find some use for them.

Does anybody knows what would be the price?

Faruk

Fat But Fast

Originally posted by Faruk:

Looks nice. It is called "Midi studio controler". I hope it is sutrdy enough for the stage applications. I like those large buttons. I would really find some use for them.

Does anybody knows what would be the price?

Faruk

It's Korg-if M-Audio's and Evolutions can survive a gigs,this Korg would go on stage for years.How much Microkontrol costs?On my calculations(I calculated japanese yens to $ or EUR)this Kontrol 49 will be about 400$/EUR(in Europe) -100$/EUR more then MicrKontrol.Check out the preset map list of supported software-almost the all best VST's are supported.

http://www.korg.co.jp/Product/Synthesizer/KONTROL49/software.html

Only thing I'm curious about is why they didn't release the Kontrol 61-almost every company when release 49key version-they also release a 61 key version

Thank Milos.

About that 61 controler: Original Microcontrol was very small for my needs, 49 key Micro could me enough. I think Korg follows some new trendes recently introduced into the market, dictated by the electronic musicinas. 61 key Micro would be great, but probably it would be to expensive for my pocket. I really like those touch sensitive pads and numerous sliders. It could double for control surface probably.

I was also looking forward to Novation controlers, but still no sign of 49 and 61 versions.

Faruk

Fat But Fast

Here are the specs:

Technical specifications

Controller 49 key velocity corresponding keyboards(velocity curve setting possibility of 8 types)

Rotary encoder x8

Main encoder

Slider x8

Velocity corresponding pad x16

The vector joystick(the MIDI control change which differs to X direction and Y direction assign possibility)

PITCH(+ direction, - the MIDI message which differs to direction assign possibility)

MOD

Switch ×2

Display Main display -8 letter (8x5 dot) 3 color back light/write equipped LCD module

Sub display x8-8 letter (8 x 5 dots) 3 color back light/write equipped LCD module

Tempo LED for MIDI clock transmission

Memory User memory x12

Global memory x1

Connected terminal Pedal terminal 、 switch terminal 、 MIDI IN terminal 、 MIDI OUT terminal x2 、 USB terminal 、 power source terminal(DC9V)

Power source USB bus power source system(at the time of USB terminal use), DC9V(AC adapter)

Consumed electric current At the time of USB bus power source use: Approximately 350mA (maximum 450mA)

At the time of AC adapter use: Approximately 450mA (maximum 500mA)

Accessory AC adapter and USB cable, CD-ROM (KONTROL49 editor librarian software for Mac OS X/ Windows XP, templet scene data and KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows XP recording, wave station software synthesizer and demonstration software), name seat & seal for trigger pad

Hardware requirement [ Macintosh ]

□correspondence OS: After the Mac OS X 10.2 (v.10.3 correspondence)

□corresponding computer: AppleMacintosh of USB port loading which satisfies the hardware requirement of Mac OS X

[ Windows ]

□correspondence OS: After Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional SP1

□corresponding computer: The hardware requirement of Windows XP is satisfied

Computer of USB port loading (as for USB chipset Intel corporation make recommendation)

* Wave station software synthesizer

The maximum number of simultaneous pronunciations 32 sounds (in CPU of computer dependence)

The number of parts 1

Feature PCM corrugated loading of 484 types

Effect loading of 55 types

550 performances, 385 patches (ROM8 bank + RAM3 bank) timbre

By way of the data import possible (syx file of wave station series)

Stand alone operation and VST/AU plug in インストゥルメント correspondence

Real time MIDI control & automation correspondence

Corresponding sampling frequency: 44.1kHz - 192kHz

G4 Velocity Engine optimization (Macintosh), Intel Pentium4 SSE2 optimization (Windows)

Hardware requirement [ Macintosh ]

□corresponding computer(*1)

CPU: Recommendation above Apple G4/400MHz and above G4/1.25GHz

Memory: Recommendation above 256MB and above 512MB

Monitor: 1,024 x 768 - 32,000 color colors or more

□correspondence OS

Mac OS X after the 10.2.6

Audio interface(*2)

Stand alone: Core Audio corresponding audio interface

(Use of Macintosh built-in sound output yes)

Plug in: In hardware requirement of the host application which you use conformity(the *3)

[ Windows ]

□corresponding computer(*1)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4/1.3GHz and Pentium M (Centrino) /900MHz,

Above Celeron/1.7GHz, Celeron-M/1.2GHz and AMDAthlonXP/1600+

Memory: Recommendation above 256MB and above 512MB

Monitor: 1,024 x 768 - 16bit colors or more

□correspondence OS

Windows XP Home Edition/Professional SP1

□audio interface(*2)

Stand alone: ASIO or Direct Sound/MME corresponding audio interface

Plug in: In hardware requirement of the host application which you use conformity(the *3)

For more information, please visit this products webpage.

Archived