Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

High-end Alesis workstation synth at NAMM?

Jeff Klopmeyer

Originally posted by Jabbe:

Originally posted by eric:

4) Yamaha S76ES

Now how true is this?? I'd probably sell my ES7 and get one right away.. :love:
Wouldn't it be nice?

http://rhee.net/LDLD/s76es.jpg

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zeronyne,

Can you make an S76ES with added knobs above the sliders ala Motif and also a ribbon controller? Perhaps 8 or 9 sliders! A to C is a nice way to go with this.

Regards,

Eric

Can you make an S76ES with added knobs above the sliders ala Motif and also a ribbon controller? Perhaps 8 or 9 sliders! A to C is a nice way to go with this.

Hmmm...those extra slider seem expensive...

http://rhee.net/LDLD/s76es2.jpg

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Hmmm...those extra slider seem expensive...

Okay, that's it. ES7 for sale... :love::love::love:

Originally posted by Byrdman:

Yamaha is buying Korg - will become part of their musical instrument division

Korg is buying Roland

Roland is buying Alesis

Numark is buying Yamaha's musical instrument division

LOL. So basically Numark will sell the entire Yamakorolesis product line...

Keven Spargo, Sound Designer

www.ksounds.com

Quality sounds for Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil and Kontakt formats

Originally posted by ksounds:

LOL. So basically Numark will sell the entire Yamakorolesis product line...

I once had a nasty case of Yamakorolesis on an unmentionable body part...antibiotics took care of it after a few days.

I was going to say, here in an exciting Alesis potential development, you have to Yammy it up... darn, that does look good though... Yamaha does have to make something like this in six months to a year.

As for me, I can wait 10 days, but it won't be easy... :P

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

I heard that Goofy from the Plutos was working on some sort of Mickey Mouse keyboard...

More Rumors:

Microsoft will buy Moog and release a millenium edition version of the Mini Moog called the Mini ME.

East West will team with Northern Sounds to buy Compass Point Studios.

Creamware will... (okay, I've got nothing here. I just think that the name Creamware is funny! YMMV.)

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

It was Ensoniq that made a slew of 73-76 note weighted boards, right? TS12? KT76? RIP Ensoniq.

Here's the problem with Alesis' new keyboard (by the way, I'm speculating wildly so someone with some info will be forced to correct my wildly innacurate assumptions :D ):

There's only a few ways that this thing could be successful IF it's a workstation:

-Price. $895.00, 88 note weighted, 256mb Sampling, 1100 sounds, 4-8 outs, CD burner. So basically don't reinvent the wheel, just make it cheaper. Great for a lot of people, probably not so great for anyone in the KC.

-Innovation. Some wild new technology that people can barely grasp incorporated as a crucial part of the workstation concept. In workstationland, bleeding edge is a no-no if it sacrifices ergonomics or workflow. Karma, anyone?

-Super mega synth. 8 ions, the entire QS library in 24 bit, a sampler, and the DM Pro. They'd save money because of the reused R&D, but it would still be way expensive, I think, for what it is.

-Loopstation. This may be the ticket...maybe not for me, but for Numark. A workstation that has a DIRT SIMPLE and powerful loop editor/sequncer. A hardware ACID or (dare I dream it) a hardware LIVE. How do you break electroheads from their MPC addiction? Well, I have no idea, but if anyone could do it, it would be Alesis.

Please, throw me a bone here, guys. Fortner, you've got to know something. DB, can't you make a call? :mad::P

I kinda agree with 0-9. That's why if this is the workstation that the Neptunes have been hinting they're working on, it has a chance of some success. I think the "loopstation" concept would be killer.

Put in a ton of great sounds, a great pattern based sequencer, four outs, a decent supply of effects (but not too many, what with everyone having DAWs and plug-ins), and a flexible EMU-ish sampler with a slight sonic "signature". Price it under $1500 to compete with the budget offerings Korg and Roland are throwing up, as well as the "still continuing to be made" Motif 6, and you could have something. Do what Alesis has always done and offer more bang for the buck than the next guy.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

I really, Really, REALLY want to get me one of these:

I hope this becomes reality at some point!!!

Thanks for your work on this, zeronyne! It is just as I had pictured it. Perfect!

Regards,

Eric

I really, Really, REALLY want to get me one of these:

I hope this becomes reality at some point!!!

Thanks for your work on this, zeronyne! It is just as I had pictured it. Perfect!

Regards,

Eric

Well, on the million-to-one chance that some Yammy PM uses this as the basis -- the keys should be E-G, of course.

:D

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

Well, on the million-to-one chance that some Yammy PM uses this as the basis -- the keys should be E-G, of course.

No!!! :P They should be A-C, just like a piano that is one octave short. I know the usual paradigm for 76 note keyboards is E-G, but remember, this is a piano action keyboard and so I think it would be cool to be just a like a piano minus one octave.

This way, when you do an octave switch with the +/- octave buttons that zeronyne is going to add to the photo, just below the ribbon controller or in between the wheels and ribbon, you would be able to perfectly mirror the same 88-note range as on a piano. There's something about knowing (without looking) that the bottom note on a piano keyboard is a resounding A, while the top note is a C.

Regards,

Eric

Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

No!!! :P They should be A-C, just like a piano that is one octave short. I know the usual paradigm for 76 note keyboards is E-G, but remember, this is a piano action keyboard and so I think it would be cool to be just a like a piano minus one octave.

Regards,

Eric

Hmmm. Which octave would you short? Or would you make it like the Electro 61 with a quick octave shift button?

I personally like the E-G because I find that the keys outside that range are the very ones that I don't in fact use on a 88-key board. But that's just me.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Just to bring this back on topic: I was all set to post a couple of teaser pictures, but the powers that be changed their minds at the last minute.

All I can say is that Jack O'Donnell's quote (in Weasel's second post) is as accurate as it is vague, and also that I don't think that zeronyne will be disappointed. ...actually, after re-reading his wish-list, I think he might pee himself. ...with delight. I don't know him well enough to suggest otherwise.

I've been practically begging the marketing guys to release pictures and detailed info now - when pre-NAMM gear lust is high, but there aren't a dozen new toys competing for their attention. No dice so far, but there will probably be a web-launch a day or two before the show starts.

...I got nothing more to say except that I've never been more exited about an Alesis product (especially one that I didn't design) since the Andromeda. Anybody who's coming to the show should come by the booth, and I'll give you a tour. ...I'll also show you a few of the products that I did design.

Ben, Alesis guy

Archived