Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

High-end Alesis workstation synth at NAMM?

Jeff Klopmeyer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUGH!! Ohh, I need Tums, the G.A.S is getting bad!

I have a feeling that this is going to be the WORST show in history. But in a good way for us gear sluts. :love:

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

The quote from Jack O'Donnell, Alesis/Numark/Akai owner:

JO: "Probably the most major core product is one we've been working on since just after the acquisition and should be showing at the NAMM show. Let me not get into that right now."

R: "Generally, what type of product is it?"

JO: It's a workstation, a keyboard workstation. A high-end product, definitely a signature piece, a statement of what we're up to. After the acquisition we realized we needed to advance what we refer to as our keyboard engines, and we started on a very ambitious task, and that was to outdo the finest workstations that are out there now."

So... someone here knows what's up. Spill, baby, spill! ;)

- Jeff

Wow, the speculation threads are running rampant!

We have the following rumors floating around right now, some of which are more grounded than others:

1) Korg Open or Oasys flagship

2) Alesis' answer to the Motif and Triton

3) Roland's JP8 revival

4) Yamaha S76ES

5) Memorymoog 2005 Edition

6) Nord Electro 3

7) Ringotronics Thumper 2000

Did I miss anything? ;)

Regards,

Eric

Hey Eric, I missed something. What's the deal with a Memory Moog 2005? I remember reading something a few months back that Bob Moog's staff was proposing poly synths and he said something like "Yeah, we could build it, but we won't". What I got out of that is Bob doesn't really want to get too spread out like he did with his original company that went belly up. When you throw a lot of irons in the fire, sometimes you get burned. Where did you hear about a new Memory Moog?

Mike t.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

This is horrible! Seeing that list of speculated products all together is killing me.

I'm sure I told my wife the Yamaha ES was the "last keyboard I'll ever need"

I have several pieces of Alesis gear that I love.

They seem to be a company who really nail certain products.Of all these potential products the mention of a highend Alesis workstation gives me the most fear of serious GAS.

Hey, I know I sound like a broken record, but it's all good as long as they're trying new things.

It would be great if Pharrel skewed the Alesis workstation into a hip hop or jazz direction. I'm not really a huge fan of hip hop, but I AM a fan of innovation and risk. It's just a shame that a statement like "The Triton, Fantom, or Motif would suit your needs...it's just a matter of taste" is valid.

Hopefully, even under this new management, Alesis will revive their tradition of innovation. HR16, MMT8, SR16, ADAT, Quadraverb...all both innovative and HUGE sellers. Good luck Alesis!

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by eric:

We have the following rumors floating around right now, some of which are more grounded than others:

3) Roland's JP8 revival

4) Yamaha S76ES

6) Nord Electro 3

Did I miss anything? ;)

Regards,

Eric

8) New RD(770 or 800)is coming?

Greetings,

lvercaut

Originally posted by MikeT156

Hey Eric, I missed something. What's the deal with a Memory Moog 2005? I remember reading something a few months back that Bob Moog's staff was proposing poly synths and he said something like "Yeah, we could build it, but we won't". What I got out of that is Bob doesn't really want to get too spread out like he did with his original company that went belly up. When you throw a lot of irons in the fire, sometimes you get burned. Where did you hear about a new Memory Moog?

Total speculation. I have heard snippets here and there that Moog would/should eventually do a poly analog. I have no grounded proof that it is happening, but with all the other NAMM speculation, figured that it was within the realm of the possible and added it to the "dream gear" list. :D

Regards,

Eric

Electro 3!?! If I can play Hammond on the Electro and Rhodes from a MIDI'd controller, I'll sell every piece of gear I own (except my A-33) and have my ideal live rig!

When does NAMM stuff usually become available? Six months?

Total speculation.

Bob was soliciting ideas/comments via the Moog web site a while back regarding a Taurus reissue, which I consider FAR more likely to show up than a polysynth. Bass pedals are a boutique item these days and would fit right in with Moog's current product line.

My 0.02.

r33k

Originally posted by Michael Erwin:

Bob was soliciting ideas/comments via the Moog web site a while back regarding a Taurus reissue, which I consider FAR more likely to show up than a polysynth. Bass pedals are a boutique item these days and would fit right in with Moog's current product line.

My 0.02.

I remember that; like most others (I suppose) I stated that I´d buy a Taurus reissue right away! Way cool stuff.

And Alesis are overdue to release a new workstation now - as well as some new stuff with asics! :D

On the Moog Voyager forum, the rumor is a Voyager Rack. Stringing these together would get you a poly Voyager. :eek:

I thought a reissue of the Taurus pedals were going to be unveiled last year, but the MURF and piano bar were the new products. This year it might will be:

Voyager Rack

Taurus Pedal reissue

A companion module for the Voyager expander

A new Mooger Fooger

We'll know fer sure in less than two weeks.

Dave

if its true about the new Triton VSTi, that would be awesome - it'd allow me to use their polyphonic arpeggiators on other gear by running MIDI without having any triton hardware.

i've made lot of music using those arpeg. that i can't recreate anymore now that i've sold my tri studio..

btw, the link is dead..

http://www.babic.com - music for film/theatre, audio-post

Originally posted by Synthmatic:

On the Moog Voyager forum, the rumor is a Voyager Rack. Stringing these together would get you a poly Voyager. :eek:

The rack makes total sense right now. They finally got the Voyager's MIDI implementation complete and recently brought out a software editor, so everything is in place for the rack.

Busch.

3) Roland's JP8 revival

4) Yamaha S76ES

6) Nord Electro 3

Did I miss anything? ;)

Regards,

Eric

Well there are some new rumours:

Yamaha is buying Korg - will become part of their musical instrument division

Korg is buying Roland

Roland is buying Alesis

Numark is buying Yamaha's musical instrument division

You heard it here first (and wish you hadn't)

Originally posted by clusterchord:

if its true about the new Triton VSTi, that would be awesome - it'd allow me to use their polyphonic arpeggiators on other gear by running MIDI without having any triton hardware.

i've made lot of music using those arpeg. that i can't recreate anymore now that i've sold my tri studio..

btw, the link is dead..

It's not real. It's not there because it was revealed as a hack. It would've been nice, and will probably happen one day. Just not today.

I am looking forward to something from Alesis. I've been a long time fan of theirs, like many, and would love to see something come out to really compete.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Why is it I have absolutely nothing left for keyboards? Those boards used to be all I could think about when I was uuh ... younger.

Nowadays give me a grand piano, a MIDI controller and some of the best soft synths and I am happy.

Originally posted by marino:

:D:D lol...

Nobody remember that?

Ringotrongics Thumper 2000: Tired of drum machines with no personality? You'll change your tune after a session with Thumper 2000, the digital drum machine that not only sounds like a real drummer but acts like one too. The research dept at Ringotronics has gone beyond mere "human feel" to capture the drummer's disposition on a chip, thanks to a breakthrough in artificial intelligence (the only kind of intelligence real drummers possess). Thumper 2000 won't function at all until twenty minutes after the rest of the band has started rehearsal, and once it has started it stops constantly during the following 10 minutes to adjust pedals and stands and retune its snare. It also speeds up in proportion to the number of women in the audience and always uses more cymbals than the song calls for. A built-in voice module allows Thumper 2000 to express its desire to sing, without actually giving it the capability to actually do so.

:D

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Yamaha S76ES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now how true is this?? I'd probably sell my ES7 and get one right away..

Will the S76ES have a set of drawbars like the new Nord Electro 3?

Archived