Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why some folks should not have a website...

zeronyne

Today has been an exercise in frustration.

I'm trying to find out if the RedSound Darkstar XP2's expansion socket is good for anything. The manual alludes to and updated Vocoda chip, and indeed, a year ago, I got an email from them stating that its release was just around the corner.

Now the DarkStar XP2 is long discontinued, but the site advertises it like new.

Their US distributor, Armadillo, has several contact email addresses on their homepage. They are Clavia and Dean's distributors, too, so it's not like they are fly-by-night.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at www.armadilloent.com.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:

Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. vpopmail (#5.1.1)

If you aren't going to update your site, DO NOT HAVE A SITE, or just put your CORRECT contact info up.

If you ARE going to have a site,

1) Make sure it reflects your current product line.

2) Triple check your contact info.

3) And, for gods' sake, use a damn spellchecker.

So does anyone here know if the Vocoda XP2 ever came out?

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, zeronyne. Honestly, I think you'd be a lot happier if you just sent me your Darkstar. And, yes, I'd be willing to take it from you. That's not something I'd do for just anyone, either. That's a special favor I'd do just for you. Think about it, man. I'm here for you. :P:D

r33k

I am wiping the tears from my eyes as I read your touching outreach...thanks Mike. :)

Frankly, the cost of enough rack plates to fill the space makes even selling it a losing proposition...in fact, I've thought of buying another one to fill a few more empty spaces, but the rack kits are nowhere to be found.

By the way, it takes up 6.2 rack spaces. I am totally serious.

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by zeronyne:

By the way, it takes up 6.2 rack spaces. I am totally serious.

Hey - have you any idea how hard the engineers worked to shave off that 0.8U? I mean - marketing said it was important. Said it absolutely could not ship if it was 7U. :D

Of course they did have it down to 6U but then branding made them add 0.2U back in so their artwork would fit.

Archived