Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cubase VST Plug In Questions

b3keys

Ok, I am making my first venture into the world of soft-synths and have a question or two. Please help me before I completely trash my keyboard, pc, etc.

I have Cubase VST Score and am attempting to use the PPG Wave VST. I installed everything correctly and am able to get the Wave to sound from playing the computer keyboard. However, I can't get seem to get any sound from a midi connected keyboard (Roland XP-80).

I have the midi channels sent correctly to "1." I set the Cubase output to recognize the PPG Wave.

What am I doing wrong? Should I connect the PC via USB to the XP-80 midi in or out? Is there anything else to consider?

I am new to computer based sounds and greatly appreciate all of your help. Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 dumb question

Do you have record enabled on the track?

If you do does the channel meter in cubase have activity when you play your keyboard?

And on your midi interface are there activity lights on your midi inputs to verify it's getting the midi from your keyboard sent to it?

Should I connect the PC via USB to the XP-80 midi in or out? Is there anything else to consider?

the XP-80's midi out has to go to the computer's midi in. this is how the softsynth gets midi.

there is also a section where you will have to select which midi input you want to use - there will probably be several, even if you don't know they're there. sounds like you've got the other stuff right.

Thanks for your replies. I have the record track enabled, but the channel meter doesn't show any activity when I play the keyboard only when I play the PPG screen keyboard.

I had the midi out from the XP-80 connected to the PC.

Can you think of anything else I should check?

Archived