Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line Mixer?

s webb

wondering what type of line mixers everyone is using for playing live. I went from using one keyboard thru a DI box to go thru our snake to our mixing console. I added another keyboard and once they come out with the motif es rack I am going to add that also....but want to submix. Right now I am using a spare behringer board that I had and going out the xlr out to the snake (basically to submix my keyboards)...but would like to purchase a single rack space unit that I can put in my rack (I sing and play saxophone and use wireless units and they are in a rack...when I get the motif rack it'll be in there to..._)anyway, did some searching on ebay and only could find units with trs outs...but no rack mounts w/ xlr outs. Any ideas. I could by an adapter plug...but playing live and hooking up fast and tearing down fast...those adapters always seem to get lost...please help.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey SWebb...just curious. What group do you play with? I saw Joe Metzga a month ago, and there was a sax player there (playing keys as well) who SMOKED! Was that you? If so, I think you just did some recording at a studio my good friend, Steve Nelson, owns.

I'm the keyboard player for JammSammich...let me know who you are!

See ya!

- Steve

:wave:

Originally posted by rebonn:

Chek out a Yamaha MV802 keyboard mixer.

It's a great sounding and cheap rackmount mixer that can usually be found on ebay.

I use one for my DAW setup.

Its 2U and I don't think the line ins are balanced.

I have a Rolls 6 line stereo mixer. Its 1U and has a monitor send and an effects send/receive that I use for my wah pedal. Moved to this from an MV802 a couple of years ago.

The Yamaha MG16-6FX and MG16, MG12 are all excelelnt mixers.

The MG16-6FX has built in FX... I've been using this with my 600W HK Audio PA, and I've no complaints... just unbelievable value for money.

I had a SECK 24:2 in the 80s and that was around £1000 or so, this £225 Yamaha kicks its arse in so many ways. http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/e-gakkinet/img1007458816.jpeg

Originally posted by mate_stubb:

I use an ancient Roland M-120. Bought a Rane SM-82 recently but the gain is way lower than the Roland so I'm sticking with that one.

I'm still using an M-120 too. Single rack space, two sends, internal power supply, extremely clean (for live use at least), balanced outs, and (very important) a separate 'monitor return' circuit with its own level control. Oh, and hedadphone out with separate volume control. It has all I need for live use, no need to change for something more current. :)

Behringer makes has a large line of mixers that are great quality, and VERY inexpensive. Just go to MusiciansFriend.com or a similar online seller and check out the complete line to see what will met your needs.

"Oh yeah, I've got two hands here." (Viv Savage)

"Mr. Blu... Mr. Blutarsky: Zero POINT zero." (Dean Vernon Wormer)

Thanks everyone....i am researching the mv-802 and have also looked at the eurorack. I am also looking at the Alesis MultiMix 12R Mixer.

Steve...I am the lead singer for a country/southern rock band called Hazzard County. I also play keys,sax, and acoustic with them...I was with them for a few years, then quit and recently rejoined the group after the summer. I teach piano, saxophone, and voice lessons at Don's Musicland. I know of Joe Metzka, but have never played music with him. Hope to meet you sometime.

Archived