Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Metronome - Recommendations?

OutJet

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still have an old Taktell mini which works OK provided it is wound up and on a level surface. I wouldn't buy another one though. Once in a great while I wish I had a flashing light that I could watch to set a tempo when performing, to overcome the tendency to start too fast when feeling a little stressed out.

Goodmorning Outjet! With that million dollar smile, how can I resist tacking on a response. :D But after this, I really have to make a sincere effort to stay away. I'm outta control.

I have a pocket metronome, Wittner MT-50. It has a satisfying clunk to it, or a flashing light if you need to be discreet. It gets used almost daily, and the 9v battery has lasted several years. I like it a lot.

A couple years ago, I boarded a music student who brought along his huge electric metronome. (he also brought his yamaha baby grand. Cool!) I'd never seen one before. It was LOUD. I could hear it whacking away as I walked up the sidewalk. If you're serious about playing entire pieces to a beat you can't ignore, that might be something to look into.

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

Archived